• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The problem with episodic releases.

User Info: Triod

Triod
1 month ago#21
neji721 posted...
Because they could slap an image of art on the screen and have the character run on top of it back then. This would be laughed at with today's standards.

"Back than" as in 2-3 years ago? Or "back than" as in next year? There have been bigger RPGs than the entire FFVII continually coming out and coming in the future with none of them taking 10+ years to develop.

neji721 posted...
They know it will take longer to make the world, so they are fleshing out the story to save on development time.

The world and the story are already made, this is a remake , not a new game.

neji721 posted...
Essentially episode 1 will continue to help fund the remaining episodes. Even if it is a failure, they have the payroll from ff14 to help complete it.

You are delusional if you thing they won't just drop it if it's not successful enough, especially since at the rate they are going it looks like were are in for 10+ episodes that won't finish in our life times.

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
1 month ago#22
NOBODY asked SE for this episodic s*** or for them to expand on FFVII. We just wanted a remake with better graphics, voice acting, etc. Like how pretty much everyone else does a remake.

User Info: SoTriggeredOmg

SoTriggeredOmg
1 month ago#23
TheMKDestroyer posted...
NOBODY asked SE for this episodic s*** or for them to expand on FFVII. We just wanted a remake with better graphics, voice acting, etc. Like how pretty much everyone else does a remake.

Watch out, you’ll have the fanboys insulting you and saying that’s “boring”. Hell, I don’t doubt they’d say a near perfect remake like Shadow of the Colossus is somehow trash because it’s not split up into 16 separate games lol

User Info: Valiant_Kaiser

Valiant_Kaiser
1 month ago#24
As I've said elsewhere, the lynchpin is to give each episode a satisfying enough conclusion despite the overall "to be continued". Mass Effect did this beautifully. The FFVII remake needs to do that.

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
1 month ago#25
nurnberg posted...
I mean, Square didn't even finish FFXV. FFXV was their flagship title and they cancelled all the planned DLC. Selling games in parts is a lot of trouble.

They canceled it not because of the game itself or it's sales. Learn why the cancellation happened, please.
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ FFXIV - Jenova - Neko Heart ~

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
1 month ago#26
TheMKDestroyer posted...

Yeah, because remakes are all done the same way. Come on now. Also, speak for yourself. I wanted a full on remake. Not a remaster.
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ FFXIV - Jenova - Neko Heart ~

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#27
SoTriggeredOmg posted...
TheMKDestroyer posted...

Watch out, you’ll have the fanboys insulting you and saying that’s “boring”. Hell, I don’t doubt they’d say a near perfect remake like Shadow of the Colossus is somehow trash because it’s not split up into 16 separate games lol

Maybe it's just me, but a change in graphics doesn't interest me all that much.

I absolutely love Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2. It's one of my favorite games ever. But I did not buy the PS3 remaster and I did not buy the PS4 remake. There was not enough of a difference to warrant it. Had they added additional colossi to fight and added more stuff in general to the remake, sure, I probably would have bought it. Just touching up the graphics and music? That doesn't mean all that much to me.

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are the same way. Love the originals and have them on PS1. I have no interest in the remakes, though. There isn't enough of a difference to make me feel it's worth spending my money. With a remake, I want to feel like I am re-experiencing the game for the first time again. Modified visuals and sound don't do that for me.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
1 month ago#28
3HP posted...
The reason is more money and more likelihood that the game gets made at all. The alternative is no game at all, so stfu and stop whining.

Because having 2 episodes and the gaming equivalent of blue balls is SO much better than not being teased in the first place.
/sarcasm
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The problem with episodic releases.
  • Topic Archived