• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which is better? Spyro or Crash Remake?

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
1 month ago#1
I can only get one. I prefer platformers like Spyro because i hear Crash is more linear but overall which trilogy i better?
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: jjgator

jjgator
1 month ago#2
I've always liked the Crash games better, plus they are more challenging IMO. I've never played the Spyro Remake, but I have the Crash remake and they made the games a bit harder (which I like). Not sure if they changed the difficulty in Spyro.
Four year old Dell laptop - i3 something or other - 6 GB RAM - Whatever the hell integrated video card it came with - 15 in SD screen

User Info: Wewillrocku

Wewillrocku
1 month ago#3
spyro

User Info: The_Conjuring

The_Conjuring
1 month ago#4
Man you're asking people an impossible question because they're both so good and different. Crash is a lot more linear. It's harder with time trials, clearing levels with getting all boxes, etc. Spyro has a semi open world and open levels. It's much easier to 100% the games and requires little skill in comparison. Both games are very fun.

On top of that, both remasters are very well done. They're good quality and very few glitches. I couldn't recommend just one.

One word of warning Crash 1 isn't as good as 2 and 3. Witch spyro, all 3 are of similar quality.
Owner of ps4, Xbone, and Switch.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#5
I'm a Crash fan for life and held no nostalgia for Spyro, but after playing them back to back I'm thinking Spyro got win.

Crash is still great, but it's far more inconsistent. Crash 1 is great but really hard, Crash 2 is phenomenal and perfect, and Crash 3 is digs*** and an insult to the first two games.

Whereas Spyro 1 is a little simple and even a bit boring, but the other two are brilliant platformers.

Can't go wrong with either though. Crash 2 for difficulty and Spyro for a relaxing collectathon.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
1 month ago#6
There is a bundle for both games. I've seen it with a nice discount too. You might as well wait a little bit and get that.

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#7
I've always been a Spyro fan. I bought the collection on release and it's damn near perfect.

The only Crash game I ever played was Warped and I don't remember it too well. I hear the Crash games are pretty difficult.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#8
Spyro for me.
Ive completed all 3 numerous of times throughout the years
My favorite is still Spyro 2

Crash is great too. Ive only played 2 and 3 fully though and never beat the 1st one. Crash 2 is also my favorite of the trilogy. I never had the urge to replay these though. I bought the remake for nostalgia's sake but haven't touched it yet
i9 9900k | GTX 2080ti FE |Aorus Master Z390 | 2 TB 850 EVO + 1tb 970 EVO| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/7337013

User Info: FinalFantasyer

FinalFantasyer
1 month ago#9
It's really only the edgy hipsters who will even try and delude themselves into thinking Spyro is anywhere nearly as good as Crash.

Crash 1 and 2 are among the greatest games of all time.
PSN: Drangliek
SW-1345-9332-2527

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#10
FinalFantasyer posted...
It's really only the edgy hipsters who will even try and delude themselves into thinking Spyro is anywhere nearly as good as Crash.

Crash 1 and 2 are among the greatest games of all time.

No. Don't say that 😔
i9 9900k | GTX 2080ti FE |Aorus Master Z390 | 2 TB 850 EVO + 1tb 970 EVO| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/7337013
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which is better? Spyro or Crash Remake?
  • Topic Archived