• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How many of you don't believe that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4?

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
3 weeks ago#21
WhillB posted...
djwagon posted...
WhillB posted...
tr1bes posted...
I have an uneasy feeling about ps5 playing ps4 games. Why would people buy a brand new system to be able to buy a ps4 game? I think there will be ps5 only exclusive games later on that will extinguished the ps4. Nintendo did it with the launched 3ds. They can play ds games but later on ds games are not created any longer and 3ds games follow afterward. They say the same s*** everytime on each new generation of console and or handheld.

Remember when Nintendo say we will still support Wii u when the switch came out.
Nintendo say, we will still support the ds when 3ds came out.
Nintendo again say, we will support the 3ds when the switch came out.
Now look at what happen afterward. There are hardly any new Wii u titles and 3ds coming out. There might be some but fewer.

Sony is not any different than Nintendo with this stand. It's just words but believe in it with a spoonful of salt in it. Don't believe everything they say 100%. There will be moderation down the line.

What the hell are you talking about?

Of course the previous systems will eventually stop being supported. That's how it has always worked, with every system.

let me try and tell you what he meant . thier big selling point to get you to buy the system is just that old games can be played on this system . there is no word on how long they will support it.people think it for the life of the system

I still don't get it what either of you are trying to say.

If a PS4 game is playable on the PS5, that same exact game will be playable for the life of the PS5 system.

That doesn't mean said game will continue to receive support/updates or anything. But I don't think that's what you two are saying. Or is it?

they can handle this one of two ways give us a full bc ps5 at so and so price . or they can give us a ps5 without full bc and force us to play our ps4 games from PSNOW

i am guessing for full bc . but we will have to wait and see if sony does that or go the psnow route

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How many of you don't believe that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4?
  • Topic Archived