• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How many of you don't believe that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4?

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
3 weeks ago#1
How many of you don't believe that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4? - Results (49 votes)
Yes, I don't believe Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4
26.53% (13 votes)
No, I believe Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4
73.47% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Seems like alot of people don't believe that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4. Sony has already confirmed that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 weeks ago#2
The only people who wouldn't believe it would be people who didn't see the articles about it yet.
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
3 weeks ago#3
Error1355 posted...
The only people who wouldn't believe it would be people who didn't see the articles about it yet.

I see a lot of comments that Sony has not confirmed yet for backwards compatibility

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
3 weeks ago#4
I have a feeling it not going to be.more power for them to do it on psNOW to keep the cheap stakes happy with a 400 dollar machine . while pissing off everyone that wanted a full bc unit in the ps5

i maybe wrong here

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 weeks ago#5
Then they are simply wrong.

*shrug*
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.

User Info: Ohioguy1980

Ohioguy1980
3 weeks ago#6
Yeah, but...

Given how shady and greedy Sony has become, it will be locked behind some subscription service separate from PS Plus.

User Info: tr1bes

tr1bes
3 weeks ago#7
I have an uneasy feeling about ps5 playing ps4 games. Why would people buy a brand new system to be able to buy a ps4 game? I think there will be ps5 only exclusive games later on that will extinguished the ps4. Nintendo did it with the launched 3ds. They can play ds games but later on ds games are not created any longer and 3ds games follow afterward. They say the same s*** everytime on each new generation of console and or handheld.

Remember when Nintendo say we will still support Wii u when the switch came out.
Nintendo say, we will still support the ds when 3ds came out.
Nintendo again say, we will support the 3ds when the switch came out.
Now look at what happen afterward. There are hardly any new Wii u titles and 3ds coming out. There might be some but fewer.

Sony is not any different than Nintendo with this stand. It's just words but believe in it with a spoonful of salt in it. Don't believe everything they say 100%. There will be moderation down the line.
Good to be a gamer.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
3 weeks ago#8
tr1bes posted...
I have an uneasy feeling about ps5 playing ps4 games. Why would people buy a brand new system to be able to buy a ps4 game? I think there will be ps5 only exclusive games later on that will extinguished the ps4. Nintendo did it with the launched 3ds. They can play ds games but later on ds games are not created any longer and 3ds games follow afterward. They say the same s*** everytime on each new generation of console and or handheld.

Remember when Nintendo say we will still support Wii u when the switch came out.
Now look at what happen afterward. There are hardly any new Wii u titles and 3ds coming out. There might be some but fewer.

Sony is not any different than Nintendo with this stand. It's just words but believe in it with a spoonful of salt in it. Don't believe everything they say 100%. There will be moderation down the line.

What the hell are you talking about?

Of course the previous systems will eventually stop being supported. That's how it has always worked, with every system.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
3 weeks ago#9
WhillB posted...
tr1bes posted...

What the hell are you talking about?

Of course the previous systems will eventually stop being supported. That's how it has always worked, with every system.

let me try and tell you what he meant . thier big selling point to get you to buy the system is just that old games can be played on this system . there is no word on how long they will support it.people think it for the life of the system

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
3 weeks ago#10
Error1355 posted...
Then they are simply wrong.

*shrug*

I'm not sure they are Sony fans. Maybe they're console warriors on either Xbox or Nintendo.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How many of you don't believe that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4?
  • Topic Archived