• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Buy PS4 Pro or wait for PS5?

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 weeks ago#11
nanofazz97 posted...
knightimex posted...
ps5 will be full BC with ps4 pro.
You'll literally be getting a PS4 Pro for free when you buy a Ps5.

That hasn't been confirmed yet, nor does it have any chance of being confirmed at this year's E3.

Yes, Sony has confirmed that Ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: Ghostdown

Ghostdown
4 weeks ago#12
I just wish we could get some solid intel about the release date. Just afraid that if I buy a PS4 Pro the PS5 will be released soon after, that money could also go towards the PS5.

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
4 weeks ago#13
Pro isn't a justifiable performance upgrade over the base ps4 this close to the next gen. If you were considering the X1X that would be another story, though. Holiday season next year is the earliest the consoles will drop in all likelihood, though, so unless you're a teen that doesn't work, you should be able to save another ~$300 or so between now and then. Keep in mind the PS5 is supposed to be backward compatible with the PS4 library, at least, so you can trade your base ps4 or pro in at launch to get the PS5 for less.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 weeks ago#14
Wow, you guys really don't believe Ps5 isn't coming next year or that it is backward compatible?
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#15
I’d just wait at this point.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 weeks ago#16
nanofazz97 posted...
knightimex posted...
ps5 will be full BC with ps4 pro.
You'll literally be getting a PS4 Pro for free when you buy a Ps5.

That hasn't been confirmed yet, nor does it have any chance of being confirmed at this year's E3.

It's not confirmed ps5 won't be BC with ps4?

Lol k
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/264562-playstation-5

User Info: InfernalRage

InfernalRage
4 weeks ago#17
I'd never choose to wait 1-2 years to play a ton of games over a few hundred bucks. I'd absolutely pick up a PS4 or Pro right now, enjoy the s*** out of the current library, and upgrade to a PS5 once it has established a library of several games you want to play.
"Those who do not appreciate life.... do not deserve life." ----- John Kramer, Jigsaw

User Info: AmbientEDGE

AmbientEDGE
4 weeks ago#18
InfernalRage posted...
I'd never choose to wait 1-2 years to play a ton of games over a few hundred bucks. I'd absolutely pick up a PS4 or Pro right now, enjoy the s*** out of the current library, and upgrade to a PS5 once it has established a library of several games you want to play.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't -- you're right." - Henry Ford
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Buy PS4 Pro or wait for PS5?
  • Topic Archived