• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you expect PS5 to completely outclass ps4 graphically?

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
3 weeks ago#1
Do you expect the PS5 to completely outclass the PS4 graphically? - Results (33 votes)
Yes, PS5 will outclass the PS4 graphically.
42.42% (14 votes)
No.
57.58% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you expect the PS5 to completely outclass the ps4 graphically?

User Info: Saddler

Saddler
3 weeks ago#2
The graphics will be better, of course, due to the improved hardware.

I don't expect a PS1 > PS2 level of difference, though.
et voila

Iscratchmyballs
3 weeks ago#3
Saddler posted...
The graphics will be better, of course, due to the improved hardware.

I don't expect a PS1 > PS2 level of difference, though.

I'm so excited on how the ps5 will look.

Iscratchmyballs
3 weeks ago#4
I'm pretty sure when Sony displays games running on the ps5, it will blow people's minds.

User Info: TheoryCancer101

TheoryCancer101
3 weeks ago#5
If it's not up to par with Until Dawn then lol.
"My Theories Will Cure You!"

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
3 weeks ago#6
Did we ever have a system that didnt outclass its predecessor?

They always do.

It wont be an amazing jump, but itll obviously be better in every way.

User Info: Atarigamer

Atarigamer
3 weeks ago#7
Not really, I am expecting the graphics to be 20% better at best.
Gamer for life: PS4 Pro - Switch - Mame Cab - Raspberry pi 3b - ZX Spectrum - Commodore 64 - BBC Model B

User Info: TheCuddlyKnife

TheCuddlyKnife
3 weeks ago#8
Pharsti01 posted...

They always do.

this. it's more a question as to when we'll see the differences that have us saying "this couldn't be done on ps4". early launch games are going to have the haters screaming nonsense because there won't be a large difference in early games, but after year one, we'll start seeing the really good stuff.
umopapisdnpuaq

Iscratchmyballs
3 weeks ago#9
TheCuddlyKnife posted...
Pharsti01 posted...

They always do.

this. it's more a question as to when we'll see the differences that have us saying "this couldn't be done on ps4". early launch games are going to have the haters screaming nonsense because there won't be a large difference in early games, but after year one, we'll start seeing the really good stuff.

The reason why I created this topic is because there's a myth that games have reached a plateau graphically. The only reason it appeared this way, was because the PS4 launched with outdated specs. I hope we see the differences early on. Obviously, games will improve over time, but I'm hoping we'll see improvements in the early games as well like infamous second son on ps4. Infamous second son looked like a game that couldn't be done on a ps3.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#10
Yes, the graphics will outclass PS4. We already know that they'll be using Ray Tracing, which will significantly enhance reflective surfaces, lighting and so on. PS6 will outclass PS5. PS7 will outclass PS6. And so on.

We hit limits because they can't get more out of the hardware (they could with PC, but games are made for consoles primarily) without compromising the framerate, or the hardware at the moment in consoles just isn't capable of using it, which is fixed with new hardware.

Will it be a major change? Not really. It'll look better, but we won't ever see a jump like we did from PS1 to PS2 again.
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you expect PS5 to completely outclass ps4 graphically?
  • Topic Archived