• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anybody else feel like sales end up making you lose more money in the long run?

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 weeks ago#21
Joant73 posted...
The key to buying things on sale is to only buy things you were going to buy anyway. Don't let a sale convince you to buy something you wouldn't otherwise.

true
but sometimes you gotta take chances
you might be pleasantly surprised at a game you thought you wouldnt like...
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 weeks ago#22
kidrobot posted...
Joant73 posted...
The key to buying things on sale is to only buy things you were going to buy anyway. Don't let a sale convince you to buy something you wouldn't otherwise.

true

well, don't do that to the point you feel like you're losing money.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 weeks ago#23
leeman3104 posted...
kidrobot posted...
Joant73 posted...

true

well, don't do that to the point you feel like you're losing money.

yeah, thats why i said sometimes
also, money saved from sales on buying games you actually like would cover it :P
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~

User Info: kaimine08

kaimine08
4 weeks ago#24
vigorm0rtis posted...
Don't have impulse control issues, so... no.

This. If it's a game I want on sale, I buy it. Heck, I don't even buy new releases anymore just because they go on sale faster than I'd get to it.

User Info: rzxv04

rzxv04
4 weeks ago#25
Yeah. I believe there was a study about people buying in the $ 1 store usually end up buying more than they though that say Walmart.

User Info: iSelphy

iSelphy
4 weeks ago#26
I used to do it as well but I've gotten out of that mindset. I only buy one or two games at a time, typically something to play at home and something portable. I don't buy any other games until I finish them.

By the time you finish that game the one you next want might be on sale. Or you'll realize that you didn't actually wanna play it all that much anyways.

User Info: Colossus-X

Colossus-X
4 weeks ago#27
How do people even make it to adulthood these days. Yeah it's common-sense that the more you buy, the more money you spend. Doesn't matter if it says sale or not, you're spending more money therefore you're losing more money. I mean for the love of God.

This is literally the only reason I come to the site anymore is for s*** like this. Blows my mind.

"How come when I buy more stuff I have less money?"

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
4 weeks ago#28
LightEmperor posted...
Big sales end up making me buy games that are outside my original plan so

that's the point of the sale. and congrats, realizing you've been had is usually the first step towards evolving your conciousness. you should always know what you want to buy and then check the sales for a possible discount, not the other way around.
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: PesticideDream

PesticideDream
4 weeks ago#29
I always find it crazy when a sales thread goes up, and people list like the 20 games they bought. Like, damn, how are you interested in that many games and how are you ever going to have the time to play that many games.

User Info: ox0shadow0xo

ox0shadow0xo
4 weeks ago#30
Al_Bundy posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
Don't have impulse control issues, so... no.

This.

If you have a backlog of over 5 games, heck, if you HAVE a backlog, you’re doing it wrong.

But hey, you wasting money to fund my hobby isn’t going to hurt me, go nuts.

Having a backlog isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes several months go by without a new game I'm interested in. In those cases, it's great to have games I haven't had a chance to play yet.

For instance, Devil May Cry 5 released in March. I rented it, beat the story, then sent it back. There's nothing else I'm looking forward to until the very end of June. So it's been the perfect time to play older games I hadn't completed yet.

I don't impulse buy though. I just play a lot of 60+ hour rpg's without a lot of free time.
PSN - NoxObscuras
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anybody else feel like sales end up making you lose more money in the long run?
  • Topic Archived