• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anybody else feel like sales end up making you lose more money in the long run?

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
4 weeks ago#1
Big sales end up making me buy games that are outside my original plan so even if I buy games that are heavily discounted, if I buy too many, most of them end up in the backlog then sometimes I lose interest because majority of them weren't high priority to begin with and wouldn't be in my radar if it wasn't for sales.

Maybe the trick is to not buy anything on sale? Buying only at full price would at least make me think carefully how much I need this game and I don't have to worry about missing sales. Oddly enough, I feel like I'm able to commit better to something I purchased full price over something I purchased at a heavy discount. Maybe it's perception of value where I'm more inclined to defend a $60 purchase than a discounted $15 purchase?

Perhaps I'll just eat the loss and my backlog of low priority games will just be some reserve in times when there aren't much interesting releases.
Currently playing: GTA V, Sword Art Online Hollow Realization

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 weeks ago#2
Don't have impulse control issues, so... no.
"Can't wait to count out your coin!" -- Bethesda, 2018

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 weeks ago#3
That is sort of the point, from the seller’s perspective
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: Tmo_1992

Tmo_1992
4 weeks ago#4
congratulations. you've now learned business.
Roll Tide!

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 weeks ago#5
vigorm0rtis posted...
Growing old is mandatory, growing better is optional.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
4 weeks ago#6
AWarAmp84 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

we have to have a budget in place. anything extra we can spend what we like.
after putting away some for the future (saving for an apartment is top priority)
God was literally #MeToo'd because Mary "didn't give consent," so now God is a literal rapist, but there's no war on Christmas - CronoDyne

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 weeks ago#7
nope
i only buy what i want

i rarely take risks on purchases
but if i do, i make sure its on sale so that way dont lose out much if i end up disliking it
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
4 weeks ago#8
kidrobot posted...
i rarely take risks on purchases
but if i do, i make sure its on sale so that way dont lose out much if i end up disliking it

That's actually a good way of looking at it.
Currently playing: GTA V, Sword Art Online Hollow Realization

User Info: Bob_Dubbery

Bob_Dubbery
4 weeks ago#9
I don't buy anything I don't want to actually play, but I do tend to buy things in sales that I may or may not get round to playing before they hit even lower prices. Usually only lower price stuff though, £5-10, so no major harm done.

User Info: Joant73

Joant73
4 weeks ago#10
The key to buying things on sale is to only buy things you were going to buy anyway. Don't let a sale convince you to buy something you wouldn't otherwise.
They once called me Linka~Wind
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anybody else feel like sales end up making you lose more money in the long run?
  • Topic Archived