• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. journalists furious over game where you have to take out journalist

User Info: nurnberg

nurnberg
1 month ago#41
Wow they are snowflakes

User Info: kaimine08

kaimine08
1 month ago#42
dkgerbil2 posted...
Journalists do come under intense scrutiny and hate, though. Anything that could even remotely encourage violence against them shouldn't be in a game because they're already more prone to violence than many other occupations.

So are cops, but I don't see you asking for a ban on grand theft auto...
I don't personally hate journalists, but I can't stand what journalists have been reduced to now. Going after sensationalism that boosts their agenda while finding wrong in others. We used to mock fox news for these ideals, but now they've seeped their way into pretty much all mainstream media. It's just a goddamn shame.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#43
dkgerbil2 posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
Hence why journalists are targeted by violence a lot of the time; they are free to say what they want to say, but what they say sometimes has violent consequences depending on who they ticked off with what they said.

What a vile approach to humanity and free speech. There should not be violent consequences for journalists voicing what are largely non hateful opinions. The violent consequences are entirely the problem here because there is so rarely an instance where someone is deserving of violent consequences.

What type of victim blaming nonsense are you even trying to push here?

There should not be violent consequences for anyone voicing largely nonhateful opinions - but we've seen a rise in that over the past decade or so, too.

rjames80 posted...
theshoveller posted...
Maybe I should look into becoming a journalist, myself.

I hear Breitbart is hiring...

Do you ever say anything that isn't completely f***ing stupid?
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#44
dkgerbil2 posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
Hence why journalists are targeted by violence a lot of the time; they are free to say what they want to say, but what they say sometimes has violent consequences depending on who they ticked off with what they said.

What a vile approach to humanity and free speech. There should not be violent consequences for journalists voicing what are largely non hateful opinions. The violent consequences are entirely the problem here because there is so rarely an instance where someone is deserving of violent consequences.

What type of victim blaming nonsense are you even trying to push here?

I'm not pushing anything or blaming anyone.

I am purely stating that journalists use words. Words incite people. Sometimes for, sometimes against. Some people take those words and use them as knowledge. Some take those words and get angry by them. As such, journalism will always, always be a target of violence, because there will always, always be somebody who is excessively angry at what is being said and looking to unleash their rage. I mean, you've heard the saying, "Don't kill the messenger"? It sparked because that is something that consistently happens. Tyrants tended to kill the messenger if they didn't like the message. Everyday people would kill or injure couriers to prevent a message getting through. (By the way, I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just stating that it is what naturally happens.)

Humans are a naturally violent species. We've existed for 10,000+ years and still are violent throughout that entire time frame.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: blissfuldissona

blissfuldissona
1 month ago#45
What a bunch of whiny little scumbags. Who cares what someone like that wants anyways?
-Official Scorpion of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate-

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#46
dkgerbil2 posted...
dragoonmike posted...
dkgerbil2 posted...
Journalists do come under intense scrutiny and hate

witch the journalist is to blame for any way because its probably because of whatever story they are working on or did in the past it's like they only find out what there doing could be dangerous after they already started the damn story.

Again, it's pretty disgusting to see someone blame a victim of violence. It's the mentally ill murderers who attack them that are at fault, without a doubt. Journalists will almost never put forward an article that deserves to be met with violence. Criticism and dismissal are obvious and accepted risks a journalist takes. Fear of violence and attempts to end their life should not be.

I can't speak for dragoonmike, as he definitely blamed journalists in his comment. My previous ones weren't saying journalists deserved to be met with violence. My comments were stating it's just an inherent part of their job. If a journalist writes an article that addresses and exposes members of a crime syndicate, for instance, it is likely that they will be met with violence, as the crime syndicate is filled with violent people.

If we lived in a perfect world where every single human being was "civil" and "kind," sure, a journalist should only expect criticism and dismissal at the worst. But we don't live in a perfect world where everyone is "civil" and "kind." We live in a world with lots of emotional people with no impulse control or with screws loose in their head. We live in a world where humans have been aggressive, greedy, jealous, hateful, lustful, etc. since the dawn of their existence and time hasn't changed that. As long as humans exist, we will never live the world you think we should, unfortunately. You can point out all the examples of good people, doing good things, and that is true: there are good people, no doubt. However, there has always been good people AND bad people, and that's always going to continue as long as humanity continues.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
1 month ago#47
Honestly, I would laugh if there was a game where the point was to lobotomize factory workers. I mean, I leave my brain in the car when I go into that miserable place anyway, so what would be the difference?
I like games. I play them. I have some. I keep them on a harddrive in my console. I'd like to have more of them. That's where PSN comes in.....

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
1 month ago#48
theshoveller posted...

Do you ever take a side on an issue that isn't completely f***ing deplorable? At least you've given up the "I'm just a nice guy with awful views" act.

disctray1 posted...
vice journalists

Was this meant to be taken seriously?
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#49
rjames80 posted...
theshoveller posted...

Do you ever take a side on an issue that isn't completely f***ing deplorable? At least you've given up the "I'm just a nice guy with awful views" act.

I'm curious how my stance on this issue is "f***ing deplorable."

I'm also curious how you think I treat everyone like how I treat you, when you've clearly shown no effort in showing the respect I've tossed your way, and instead continued to attack me over and over. So, while I'm a nice guy 99% of the time, you're in that nice, narrow 1% of people I actually have given up trying to treat well, mainly because you've shown me you don't deserve it. You've shown it to other people, too.

I'm nice and polite to other people - just not you. So, that begs the question... is it me, or is it you?
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
1 month ago#50
theshoveller posted...
rjames80 posted...
theshoveller posted...

I'm curious how my stance on this issue is "f***ing deplorable."

I'm also curious how you think I treat everyone like how I treat you, when you've clearly shown no effort in showing the respect I've tossed your way, and instead continued to attack me over and over. So, while I'm a nice guy 99% of the time, you're in that nice, narrow 1% of people I actually have given up trying to treat well, mainly because you've shown me you don't deserve it. You've shown it to other people, too.

I'm nice and polite to other people - just not you. So, that begs the question... is it me, or is it you?

It's you. I mean, you're the guy that was upset about a commercial hurting the feelings of nazis, not me. You've most likely given up on me because you understand that I can't be lured in with your nice guy act.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. journalists furious over game where you have to take out journalist
  • Topic Archived