• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. journalists furious over game where you have to take out journalist

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
3 weeks ago#31
So am I supposed to feel sorry for this guy?
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
3 weeks ago#32
theshoveller posted...
Maybe I should look into becoming a journalist, myself.

I hear Breitbart is hiring...

ufara posted...
Social Media isn't helping them either as one could learn about events faster than what Jounos can present them.

As well as with less filters.

And with less facts. I pity people who get their "news" from social media.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: RetroMasterRace

RetroMasterRace
3 weeks ago#33
Nothing new here, outrage gets those clicks, which gets that $.

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
3 weeks ago#34
ufara posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
ufara posted...
theshoveller posted...

Journalists - not all journalists, but enough of them - have been f***ing up lately

Lately?

People have been critical of journalism for centuries now.

Moreso, though, in the past 30 years, at least in the US. In the 80s, news stations were bought out by big corporate entities and changed the news from an informational segment into a ratings competition like TV shows. Ever since then, news has become sensationalized because sensational news sells moreso than traditional news where they were required by law to present both sides of an argument.

Social Media isn't helping them either as one could learn about events faster than what Jounos can present them.

Yep. I mean, how many false "so-and-so died" celebrity stories did we hear posted on Facebook in the late 2000s? I remember reading Chris Rock had died and my entire Facebook feed in college was grieving or criticizing or reporting it, making it seem true. Come to find out, it had no merit whatsoever and just became a giant game of telephone.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
3 weeks ago#35
rjames80 posted...
theshoveller posted...
Maybe I should look into becoming a journalist, myself.

I hear Breitbart is hiring...

ufara posted...

And with less facts. I pity people who get their "news" from social media.

I get my news from GameFAQs. Go me?

(Just kidding.)
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 weeks ago#36
WTGHookshot posted...
Hence why journalists are targeted by violence a lot of the time; they are free to say what they want to say, but what they say sometimes has violent consequences depending on who they ticked off with what they said.

What a vile approach to humanity and free speech. There should not be violent consequences for journalists voicing what are largely non hateful opinions. The violent consequences are entirely the problem here because there is so rarely an instance where someone is deserving of violent consequences.

What type of victim blaming nonsense are you even trying to push here?
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: dragoonmike

dragoonmike
3 weeks ago#37
dkgerbil2 posted...
Journalists do come under intense scrutiny and hate

witch the journalist is to blame for any way because its probably because of whatever story they are working on or did in the past it's like they only find out what there doing could be dangerous after they already started the damn story.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 weeks ago#38
dragoonmike posted...
dkgerbil2 posted...
Journalists do come under intense scrutiny and hate

witch the journalist is to blame for any way because its probably because of whatever story they are working on or did in the past it's like they only find out what there doing could be dangerous after they already started the damn story.

Again, it's pretty disgusting to see someone blame a victim of violence. It's the mentally ill murderers who attack them that are at fault, without a doubt. Journalists will almost never put forward an article that deserves to be met with violence. Criticism and dismissal are obvious and accepted risks a journalist takes. Fear of violence and attempts to end their life should not be.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4
(message deleted)

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
3 weeks ago#40
It's fiction, so devs should go nuts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. journalists furious over game where you have to take out journalist
  • Topic Archived