• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!

User Info: Mr Marbles

Mr Marbles
1 month ago#21
Shocked that this news is upsetting the usuals. Shocked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pC49AqKlgs *Salutes* 11/15/2002-2006
Honest and Happy Multi-Console owner

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
1 month ago#22
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...
Insaan posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Halo, Gears and Forza sold more.

Those all sold so poorly MS stopped sharing sales figures.

Halo 5 had 16m players before being on gamepass or PC. I highly doubt it sold less than 8-9m.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-2018-has-sold-over-10-million-copies-worldwide.118132/page-4#post-20980118

This is the current lifetime number of players:
- Uncharted 4 - 25.5 mln
- Marvel's Spider-Man - 16.2 mln
- Horizon Zero Dawn - 15.7 mln
- God of War - 15.5 mln
- Bloodborne - 12.7 mln
- Gran Turismo Sport - 8.6 mln

As you can see number of players do not equal sales.

Where did i said it is? If you do the math though, you'll notice most of them sold at least 1/2 of them number of players (except for Bloodborne, which was free with psn+). Do you really think Halo 5 sold less than 8m with that number of players?

Yes, because Halo 5 being a competitive multiplayer focused game has a huge surf account problem which leads to inflated player numbers, something that's not an issue with Sony's single player games.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 month ago#23
Insaan posted...
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...
Insaan posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

Halo 5 had 16m players before being on gamepass or PC. I highly doubt it sold less than 8-9m.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-2018-has-sold-over-10-million-copies-worldwide.118132/page-4#post-20980118

- Uncharted 4 - 25.5 mln
- God of War - 15.5 mln
- Bloodborne - 12.7 mln

Where did i said it is? If you do the math though, you'll notice most of them sold at least 1/2 of them number of players (except for Bloodborne, which was free with psn+). Do you really think Halo 5 sold less than 8m with that number of players?

Yes, because Halo 5 being a competitive multiplayer focused game has a huge surf account problem which leads to inflated player numbers, something that's not an issue with Sony's single player games.

Source?

Insaan
1 month ago#24
Brownstone posted...
Insaan posted...
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...
Insaan posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

- Uncharted 4 - 25.5 mln
- God of War - 15.5 mln
- Bloodborne - 12.7 mln

Source?

Just google Halo 5 smurf account and look at all the sources. It’s something that happens with all games that have a competitive scene.

People think it’s funny to get really good at a game, create a new account and crush noobs, until eventually all the noobs are actually pros smurfing...it’s lame but at least MS gets to brag about number of “players”.

User Info: Hustler Nine

Hustler Nine
1 month ago#25
If you count the graph pixel by pixel:

God of War 2 : 4,3 millions
God of War 3 : 7,6 millions
God of War (PS4) : 10,9 millions
Uncharted 3 : 9,2 millions
Uncharted 4 : 16,2 millions
TLOU (PS3) : 8,2 millions
TLOU (PS4) : 11,8 millions
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 month ago#26
Insaan posted...
Just google Halo 5 smurf account and look at all the sources. It’s something that happens with all games that have a competitive scene.

People think it’s funny to get really good at a game, create a new account and crush noobs, until eventually all the noobs are actually pros smurfing...it’s lame but at least MS gets to brag about number of “players”.

So you don't have one and is talking with your ass, as usual. Got it.

Insaan
1 month ago#27
Brownstone posted...
Insaan posted...

So you don't have one and is talking with your ass, as usual. Got it.

What’s worse? Me providing an argument for why you shouldn’t pull numbers out of your ass, or you pulling numbers out of your ass?

User Info: Mr Marbles

Mr Marbles
1 month ago#28
Insaan posted...

You arent wrong. I've probably hit triple figures with how many accounts I've played Halo 5 mp on my multiple xbox ones. Microsoft Outlook accounts are easy and free to make and help America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pC49AqKlgs *Salutes* 11/15/2002-2006
Honest and Happy Multi-Console owner

Insaan
1 month ago#29
Mr Marbles posted...
Insaan posted...

You arent wrong. I've probably hit triple figures with how many accounts I've played Halo 5 mp on my multiple xbox ones. Microsoft Outlook accounts are easy and free to make and help America.

I know I’m not wrong, my friends who’re really into multiplayer games play on several different accounts.

User Info: LustValkyrie

LustValkyrie
1 month ago#30
Kyrylo posted...
Nintendo games on switch hitting those number in one year without price reduction xD

Nintendo fans are always looking to attack Sony at the first sight of positive news. In fact, any kind of news. They seem so insecure 🤭
FC: 5086-5019-6860
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!
  • Topic Archived