• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!

User Info: KillzoneSnake

KillzoneSnake
4 weeks ago#151
Scryed posted...
KillzoneSnake posted...
Why do people care about game sales so much these days. The only thing i see is how sad UC3 was better yet it sold worse or how that casual Dad of War outsold the best real GoWII. Kids these days are so casual and indoctrinated. In my days i didnt go saying GT3 sold 15 million to my friends lol people now talk like they work at Sony xD they be checking if Days Gone will sell like other exclusives like its important for them lol

ofcause people want the games they like to do well. It means it will have sequals.

Why would you want sequels and not new ideas? UC4 sales worked out real well.. whats it called... cant even remember the name it was so pointless. The newer UC with 2 females leads pushing drunkmans agenda. Why would you want another GoW? Its silly and milked now.

Will Gran Turismo Sport selling way less than Gran Turismo 3 mean no GT on PS5? Nope. It doesnt matter if Horizon sells 5 million or 15. It will be the same game and get a sequel regardless. Horizon 2 was planned before 1 even came out. Hell Horizon 1 was planned while KZ3 was in development!

There is only 1 reason any of us could care about sales... online activity. Which Sony doesnt care about cuz they just make movie games now. Other than that more sales just means fatter paycheck to Sony heads. They live in big mansions while you care how much Days Gone sells lol
60% PlayStation 40% Xbox/PC/Nintendo
youtube.com/automaticsnake

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#152
Hustler Nine posted...

Wind Waker sold less than Ocarina of time!

Super Mario Sunshine - 6.3m
Super Mario 64 - 11M+

Zelda WW - 4.6m
Zelda Ocarina of Time - 7.6m

Mario Kart Double Dash - 7m
Mario Kart 64 - 9.8m

Paper Mario GameCube - 2.2m
Paper Mario 64 - 1.3m

F-Zero GX - 1.5m
F-Zero 64 - 1.1m

Star Fox GameCube - ~2m
Star Fox 64 - 4m

Wave Race GameCube - can't find info but seems to be lower than 1m.
Wave Race 64 - 2.9m

Can't find Animal Crossing for N64.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_64_video_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_GameCube_video_games

So the only games to do better are SSB, Paper Mario and F-Zero with just a tiny lead. Everything else sold more on N64.

WW outsold MM. And if you can't find Animal crossing on the N64 list it's because it naturally wasn't one of the highest selling titles in the library. That's just common sense...

ExperiencePoint posted...
It is PC where all that trash originated and it is PC gamers that play 10+ year old games en masse, if anything it is consoles that are pushing games forward if it were up to the PC gamers we would all still be playing WoW, Team Fortress, LOL, DOTA etc.

PC gamers have access to decades worth of games, you sound pretty butthurt that your console in limited to what outs now.

And nah, console gamers were gushing over getting dumbed down PC ports for generations. Again, where were your complaints when DOOM had inferior ports on consoles? Or when Crisis was literally stripped down to the bare just to "work" on consoles? Oh right, you were lapping it up which resulted in the sequels being nowhere near as graphically intensive and less ambitious.

Killing Floor 2 had to be reworked for the console ports because they couldn't the base PC version. It's why you guys get patches and events later because they have to rebalance everything for you. And if a console port is ever inferior to the PC version, you guys b**** up a storm. This is why devs focus on pushing "parity" which is garbage. Watch Dogs and Witcher 3 dumbing down their effects, with the former disabling them in ini files because they don't want to step on console baby toes by making them feel inferior.

Thanks for holding back gaming console fanboy.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Hustler Nine

Hustler Nine
4 weeks ago#153
I can't find Animal Crossing for N64 in the 'A' letter game list. This means two things - I'm blind and can't find it or there is no animal crossing for N64.
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#154
Hustler Nine posted...
I can't find Animal Crossing for N64 in the 'A' letter game list. This means two things - I'm blind and can't find it or there is no animal crossing for N64.

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/D%C5%8Dbutsu_no_Mori_(game)

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

Hustler Nine
4 weeks ago#155
Sir_Haxor posted...
Hustler Nine posted...

So you are comparing a japan only release for N64 to a worldwide release for GC? Come on! Don't go so low.
There is no US or EU version of Animal Crossing for N64 so it's irrelevant comparison.
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#156
Hustler Nine posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Hustler Nine posted...

So you are comparing a japan only release for N64 to a worldwide release for GC? Come on! Don't go so low.
There is no US or EU version of Animal Crossing for N64 so it's irrelevant comparison.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2001/07/28/inside-animal-forest-gamecube-n64

It sold nearly 650k on the GC in Japan. So double the N64 numbers in one region alone. If you're going to alienate a market because of that you're the one being dishonest.

Nevermind the mind the fact you listed SM64, a pack in game for the N64, yet excluded SMW sales for the SNES for that very reason. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Hustler Nine
4 weeks ago#157
Sir_Haxor posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Hustler Nine posted...

https://m.ign.com/articles/2001/07/28/inside-animal-forest-gamecube-n64

It sold nearly 650k on the GC in Japan. So double the N64 numbers in one region alone. If you're going to alienate a market because of that you're the one being dishonest.

Nevermind the mind the fact you listed SM64, a pack in game for the N64, yet excluded SMW sales for the SNES for that very reason. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I didn't know about Mario 64 being a packed-in game. I'm sure it wasn't as long as Mario World for SNES which was packed more than the half of console life span.
As for the Animal Crossing it's really unfair to compare only one region.
Also we compare Ocarina of Time, the first Zelda for N64 with the first Zelda for GC. N64 version outsold it.
Then we compare Zelda MM with Zelda TP and MM outsold TP.
That's fair.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#158
Sir_Haxor posted...
PC gamers have access to decades worth of games, you sound pretty butthurt that your console in limited to what outs now.

And nah, console gamers were gushing over getting dumbed down PC ports for generations. Again, where were your complaints when DOOM had inferior ports on consoles? Or when Crisis was literally stripped down to the bare just to "work" on consoles? Oh right, you were lapping it up which resulted in the sequels being nowhere near as graphically intensive and less ambitious.

Killing Floor 2 had to be reworked for the console ports because they couldn't the base PC version. It's why you guys get patches and events later because they have to rebalance everything for you. And if a console port is ever inferior to the PC version, you guys b**** up a storm. This is why devs focus on pushing "parity" which is garbage. Watch Dogs and Witcher 3 dumbing down their effects, with the former disabling them in ini files because they don't want to step on console baby toes by making them feel inferior.

Crysis 2 came to consoles because first game failed to sell on PC like vast majority of games do. Without consoles there would be no AAA games and thus games pushing the graphics forward there would only be outdated F2P crap.

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#159
Sir_Haxor posted...

Crysis 2 came to consoles because first game failed to sell on PC like vast majority of games do. Without consoles there would be no AAA games and thus games pushing the graphics forward there would only be outdated F2P crap.

These guys aren’t very bright. If they had any ability to think logically it would be apparent to them that consoles don’t hold games back but rather the only thing that allows games to move forward.

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#160
Hustler Nine posted...
I'm sure it wasn't as long as Mario World for SNES which was packed more than the half of console life span.

Unless you have actual hard numbers this is pretty meaningless. And SMW was only a stand alone pack in for the first year of sales, then it was All Stars, and finally SMAS+W on a single cartridge.

As for the Animal Crossing it's really unfair to compare only one region.

It's unfair to compare the sales of a region against itself? The sales of AC on the GC doubled the sales of the N64 version in Japan alone. That's perfectly valid.

Crysis 2 came to consoles because first game failed to sell on PC like vast majority of games do. Without consoles there would be no AAA games and thus games pushing the graphics forward there would only be outdated F2P crap

Lol, Crisis 2 and 3 are less technical and ambitious than the first game, and Crisis 3 flat out bombed. All you've proven is that console gamers prefer their games scaled back.

Again, if consoles were really pushing graphics like you claim, Ubisoft would not have disabled advanced graphical effects and options in the PC release of Watch Dogs to appeal to the console kiddies. You guys would have a thrown a fit if you got a lesser port than what PC gamers were experiencing, and publishers know this.

You guys won't even pay $500 for a console like the XBX at launch, which is why mid gen refreshes exist. And don't even get me started on how the majority crave crap performance in their games *cough 30fps*. Your ports don't even support decent FOV ranges and massively blur textures in the distance just to keep things 'smooth'.

And performance isn't even the only drawback, now you have censored games to deal with. OUCH!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!
  • Topic Archived