• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#121
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...
ExperiencePoint posted...
Sales alone don't mean a thing. Nintendo games for example almost never go on sales and if they do they are small sales you will never see Nintendo games on sales for like 9,99$ like almost all third party games get at some point. That being said the profits from Pokemon are split between three companies that own Pokemon brand.

GTA, COD, FIFA, Pokemon and Mario. They are gaming biggest franchises (not counting 1 time wonders like Minecraft or Fortnite)

Why exclude Minecraft and Fortnite? By saying this you basically agree with me that Wii was 1 time wonder.
We still do not know if those games are indeed 1 time wonders. I want to see the revenues that Fortnite and PUBG make.

For no reason, you can put them on the list if you want. They are generation defining games. I know the 5 franchises i mentioned will stay on top for a very long time though. I can't say the same about Minecraft, and especially the BR games (PUBG is already in decline for example).

It is truly sad when s***ty looking games like Fortnite, PUBG and Minecraft are considered generation defining games.

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
4 weeks ago#122
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...
Sales alone don't mean a thing. Nintendo games for example almost never go on sales and if they do they are small sales you will never see Nintendo games on sales for like 9,99$ like almost all third party games get at some point. That being said the profits from Pokemon are split between three companies that own Pokemon brand.

GTA, COD, FIFA, Pokemon and Mario. They are gaming biggest franchises (not counting 1 time wonders like Minecraft or Fortnite)

Why exclude Minecraft and Fortnite? By saying this you basically agree with me that Wii was 1 time wonder.
We still do not know if those games are indeed 1 time wonders. I want to see the revenues that Fortnite and PUBG make.

For no reason, you can put them on the list if you want. They are generation defining games. I know the 5 franchises i mentioned will stay on top for a very long time though. I can't say the same about Minecraft, and especially the BR games (PUBG is already in decline for example).

It is truly sad when s***ty looking games like Fortnite, PUBG and Minecraft are considered generation defining games.

how so?

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#123
Scryed posted...
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...

how so?

Because they look like s*** Minecraft especially looks like game from 20+ years ago and that is one of the generation defining games today.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#124
People really like games with poor linear gameplay huh?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#125
Scryed posted...
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...

how so?

Because they look like s*** Minecraft especially looks like game from 20+ years ago and that is one of the generation defining games today.

Graphics don't make the game man. Kids these days don't know s***
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#126
Fade2black001 posted...

Genre defining games in the past were games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid etc that pushed the boundaries of gaming in everything from graphics, storytelling, cutscenes etc now most of the most popular game look like generations behind. I blame PC gamers it is where all this garbage started after all all most popular games there are like 10+ year old games that looks like crap (LOL, DOTA, Team Fortress etc) some f***ing master race.

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
4 weeks ago#127
Fade2black001 posted...

Genre defining games in the past were games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid etc that pushed the boundaries of gaming in everything from graphics, storytelling, cutscenes etc now most of the most popular game look like generations behind. I blame PC gamers it is where all this garbage started after all all most popular games there are like 10+ year old games that looks like crap (LOL, DOTA, Team Fortress etc) some f***ing master race.

these games also do what they do well an just because you dont like it dose not mean its not good. Also these also do well with friends some of the most popular games these days have co op so you can play with friends an family.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#128
Hustler Nine posted...
By 'no 3rd party support' I think you can clearly understand that I mean extremely weak one. GameCube had much better 3rd party support than Switch.

And yet the GameCube had IPs selling more than their 64 counterparts despite having superior 3rd party support. And again, the Wii and Switch have seen games/ports outdoing previous franchise benchmarks.

You're trying too hard to make a point. Again, if less games meant higher sales then why are launch titles never major sellers for new consoles? First party games don't exist in a vacuum, no one says "I have too many first part games I better buy some 3rd party ones to even things out".
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Hustler Nine

Hustler Nine
4 weeks ago#129
Sir_Haxor posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
By 'no 3rd party support' I think you can clearly understand that I mean extremely weak one. GameCube had much better 3rd party support than Switch.

And yet the GameCube had IPs selling more than their 64 counterparts despite having superior 3rd party support. And again, the Wii and Switch have seen games/ports outdoing previous franchise benchmarks.

You're trying too hard to make a point. Again, if less games meant higher sales then why are launch titles never major sellers for new consoles? First party games don't exist in a vacuum, no one says "I have too many first part games I better buy some 3rd party ones to even things out".

What are those games for GameCube? As far as I remember almost all Nintendo IPs sold more on N64 than their GC counterparts.
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#130
Fade2black001 posted...

I blame console gamers for supporting weak outdated hardware generation for years. Where were you when 16bit consoles were getting lesser DOOM ports? You should have started complaining then!
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!
  • Topic Archived