• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
4 weeks ago#111
Hustler Nine posted...
Pokemon makes less much less money(gaming wise) than Fifa and CoD due to DLCs and MTs. That a fact.
Fifa 18 sold 24 million copies. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-05-fifa-18-sells-over-24-million-copies

RDR is at 24 million and will probably sell close to 50 since it's a Rockstar game. RDR is still new franchise. It will further grow.

GTA5 is the biggest single IP money maker ever in history of video games. It's currently at 110 millions.

Those are all multi-platform series, so it’s not really an apples to apples comparison.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#112
ExperiencePoint posted...
Sales alone don't mean a thing. Nintendo games for example almost never go on sales and if they do they are small sales you will never see Nintendo games on sales for like 9,99$ like almost all third party games get at some point. That being said the profits from Pokemon are split between three companies that own Pokemon brand.

GTA, COD, FIFA, Pokemon and Mario. They are gaming biggest franchises (not counting 1 time wonders like Minecraft or Fortnite)

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
4 weeks ago#113
kyncani posted...
Sony doing great this generation well deserved, best publisher of the generation with no forcing multiplayer, microtransactions etc.

And good games with enough diversity to attract gamers and game developers 🤗

Yup, diversity is important.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#114
Brownstone posted...
Sales alone don't mean a thing. Nintendo games for example almost never go on sales and if they do they are small sales you will never see Nintendo games on sales for like 9,99$ like almost all third party games get at some point. That being said the profits from Pokemon are split between three companies that own Pokemon brand.

GTA, COD, FIFA, Pokemon and Mario. They are gaming biggest franchises (not counting 1 time wonders like Minecraft or Fortnite)

Yes they are but sales at 59,99$ and 9,99$ are not the same that was my point and vast majority of sales from most game series comes from sales.

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#115
Brownstone posted...

Yes they are but sales at 59,99$ and 9,99$ are not the same that was my point and vast majority of sales from most game series comes from sales.

Facts

User Info: vexermaster

vexermaster
4 weeks ago#116
on a positive note, this could continue to make devs realize that single player games and cinematic games can sell very, very well.
I was born to see two thousand years Of man's effect upon the planet
Extinction seems to be a plausible risk Whatever happens well i'm part of all this!!!

User Info: Hustler Nine

Hustler Nine
4 weeks ago#117
Brownstone posted...

Why exclude Minecraft and Fortnite? By saying this you basically agree with me that Wii was 1 time wonder.
We still do not know if those games are indeed 1 time wonders. I want to see the revenues that Fortnite and PUBG make.
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
4 weeks ago#118
Sony exclusives are like the marvel comic movies. They are almost always high quality and deliver the goods.
"All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die." Necron(FF9)
"People are not moved by logic." -Mithos(TOS)

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#119
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...

Why exclude Minecraft and Fortnite? By saying this you basically agree with me that Wii was 1 time wonder.
We still do not know if those games are indeed 1 time wonders. I want to see the revenues that Fortnite and PUBG make.

For no reason, you can put them on the list if you want. They are generation defining games. I know the 5 franchises i mentioned will stay on top for a very long time though. I can't say the same about Minecraft, and especially the BR games (PUBG is already in decline for example).

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
4 weeks ago#120
Brownstone posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Brownstone posted...

For no reason, you can put them on the list if you want. They are generation defining games. I know the 5 franchises i mentioned will stay on top for a very long time though. I can't say the same about Minecraft, and especially the BR games (PUBG is already in decline for example).

fornite is a free to play game so you cant cpunt that. Tho i think its last year that fornite was reported to rack in over 3 billion dollars in that yeat alone.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony game sales GoW(10m+), TLoUR(10m+), U4(15m+?)!
  • Topic Archived