• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony's IPs are huge this gen. Uncharted 4 at 16 million, GOW already 11 million!

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
1 month ago#1
https://twinfinite.net/2019/05/sony-jim-ryan/?state=changed1282&gid=1&pid=7

We already knew about The Last of Us having sold over 17 million last year, Horizon Zero Dawn was over 10 million earlier this year, Spiderman was over 9 million at the end of last year. Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima will likely join these titles. Hell even Days Gone has been topping the charts despite the lukewarm critical response. Sony might have more active 10+ million selling IPs than any other publisher by the end of this generation!

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#2
Crash Bandicoot 10 million.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Mr_Hakubi

Mr_Hakubi
1 month ago#3
Wow surprised by those Uncharted numbers but I suppose that was the final game.
http://i.imgur.com/xpT6zzQ.jpg
My Top 100 Video Game Music: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF3949EA6DC5D532F (2010)

Insaan
1 month ago#4
da_StoOge posted...
Crash Bandicoot 10 million.

That’s not a Sony IP anymore.

Insaan
1 month ago#5
Mr_Hakubi posted...
Wow surprised by those Uncharted numbers but I suppose that was the final game.

I’m more surprised that TLOU has sold over 12 million on PS4 alone.

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
1 month ago#6
I kinda hope Ghost of Tsushima will be PS5 title, I feel like PS4 would hold the game down too much.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
1 month ago#7
The thing is though, does Sony count packed in copies of Uncharted 4 as 'sales'? Because I had two PS4's (one slim, one phat) and both came with a copy of the game.

As for Nu God Of War, it's at 11 million because likely many long time fans of the series and Kratos' rage (like me) bought it thinking it's yet another game in the series with the same exact awesome combat and everything we enjoyed about the prior titles in the series only to find out the hard way that the current director of the series changed EVERYTHING about it that made it fun.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

Insaan
1 month ago#8
ThrillKillFan posted...
The thing is though, does Sony count packed in copies of Uncharted 4 as 'sales'? Because I had two PS4's (one slim, one phat) and both came with a copy of the game.

As for Nu God Of War, it's at 11 million because likely many long time fans of the series and Kratos' rage (like me) bought it thinking it's yet another game in the series with the same exact awesome combat and everything we enjoyed about the prior titles in the series only to find out the hard way that the current director of the series changed EVERYTHING about it that made it fun.

I’m sure there’s someone disappointed with the purchase of any game, we can discount the sale because someone didn’t enjoy their purchase. That’s just not how it works.

User Info: AloysLoofah

AloysLoofah
1 month ago#9
Shipped not sold.
Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

User Info: Goomba_Owns_All

Goomba_Owns_All
1 month ago#10
AloysLoofah posted...
Shipped not sold.

Amazing people don't notice that
Goomba for Ultimate DLC
PC, Switch, PS4 - The true gamers holy trinity!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Sony's IPs are huge this gen. Uncharted 4 at 16 million, GOW already 11 million!
  • Topic Archived