• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Disgaea Publisher in Dire Financial Straits, Can't Afford to Pay Employes

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 weeks ago#111
EvilGiygas posted...

Disgaea story lines were never good to begin with.

eh, i liked some of them, they're not 'great' but i found the whole evil = good demon POV interesting, and they had some dark humor parts that got me into the series to begin with. but it's not like most games have blockbuster stories, either.

@Triod posted...

I'm really confused where you're finding grind in FFX since there just wasn't any aside from a handful of optional bosses where you needed to have max strength and speed which didn't really take anywhere close to long enough to be a significant part of the game.

Also the original comment was bout the games being the last Strategy RPGs (and LOL they aren't) since there is by design no strategy involved whatsoever and you are supposed to just grind away all your problems. Seeing how they are completely devoid of the defining element of the subgenre, I wouldn't really classify them as SRPGs, what other mainstream RPGs have is completely irrelevant here.

never said this was MY opinion, i merely said that was what he said/meant, as you seemed confused. he said, he felt grindy fit rpgs in general. doesn't really matter much else, but that's where he went.

also, some people consider most RPGs to be grindy, even FFX, and i'm usually saying "no, a lot of RPG's you can literally fight every single fight going as fast as possible to each plot point and not be underleveled, so it's not 'grindy'."

@majin_nemesis posted...

the story is one of the best of the disgaea if not the best and better then a lot of game out there,seriously the story is really great,and they haven't really released disgaea 1 that much the comnplete version it's on PS4 and PC

eh, to you. to me, it was meh as s***, with too many anime tropes, friendship is magic type stuff, and too little dark humor/demon traits the series had before. and iirc, they released disgaea on ps2, 4, psp, ds, and pc, as well as the switch. that's 6 different consoles. that's quite a lot of rereleases, especially for a kinda meh niche series. skyrim's on pc, ps3, 4, xbox 1, 360, and switch - 6 consoles, too. the point's not exactly far off the mark.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: VaultDwelIer

VaultDwelIer
4 weeks ago#112
Male_Feminist posted...
ArroganceMalice posted...
And nothing of value was lost

dude! this could mean the END of Disgaea! show some heart!

thats actually good news, we could use a break from all those rehashed games
https://psnprofiles.com/VaultDweller Playing: Ace Combat 7, RE2 Remake
Top 5 Sci-Fi games: Fallout 4, Elite Dangerous, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Prey, XCOM 2

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
4 weeks ago#113
I dont like X so im glad ppl are losing their jobs. Imagine being this f***ed up.
There are people in this world who hate chocolate...those people are evil...also...Ff14 Casual Discord;
https://discord.gg/FbvAfAq

User Info: sneakysnake

sneakysnake
4 weeks ago#114
psycofang posted...
MwarriorHiei posted...
Eab1990 posted...
Maybe they shouldn’t have f***ed with Rhapsody’s localization.

Yes, I’m still salty about that.

NIS and NISA are two separate things. NIS is a cool developer imo. NISA is a bottom-tier localization company that ruins everything they touch.

Ugh. Nisa...

The thing that urks me if NIS goes under, the morons at NISA will still be alive and well. Terrible localization team

User Info: manofcasbah

manofcasbah
4 weeks ago#115
what a shame. NIS has basically stayed afloat by releasing low budget games to fund their main series (Disgaea) but 5 nearly killed the company so I guess it really is over now.
PSN: SonOfCasbah

psycofang
4 weeks ago#116
I dont think 5 did that at all.
There are people in this world who hate chocolate...those people are evil...also...Ff14 Casual Discord;

User Info: manofcasbah

manofcasbah
4 weeks ago#117
psycofang posted...

I cannot find the interview for the life of me, but I know I read about Disgaea 5 having development troubles because it was costing a lot more to make than initially planned, but the team pushed forward because they wanted to make the best Disgaea that they could.
PSN: SonOfCasbah

psycofang
4 weeks ago#118
manofcasbah posted...
psycofang posted...

I cannot find the interview for the life of me, but I know I read about Disgaea 5 having development troubles because it was costing a lot more to make than initially planned, but the team pushed forward because they wanted to make the best Disgaea that they could.

I think the thing that screwed them was them outsourcing development of their mobile game that fell through then that team not doing what they were supposed to.

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
4 weeks ago#119
Agent_Stroud posted...
Quick! Someone call @xenosaga123! He’ll know what to do! 😆

He may be busy playing Dynasty Warriors 9.

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 weeks ago#120
it just goes to show SRPG is a dead end genre.

it works for Fire Emblem, but SRPGs really are not profitable enough unless they have a dedicated fanbase and diversified protagonist creation options like modern Fire Emblem games do (which also became extra popular with marriage options for both male and female versions of the protagonist, child soldiers, etc.) and also unlike Disgaea, Fire Emblem series takes its itself much more seriously overall, so there is more weight to things that happen.

there are masses of people that despise turn based battles, and SRPG combat is generally much more slower and tedious and require more steps before action takes place,

fewer are tolerant to that genre.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Disgaea Publisher in Dire Financial Straits, Can't Afford to Pay Employes
  • Topic Archived