• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Disgaea Publisher in Dire Financial Straits, Can't Afford to Pay Employes

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
1 month ago#101
kamikaze135 posted...
I only like their Disgaea series but I feel that lately they've been driving that series to the ground.

not sure how when disgaea 5 is the best disgaea so far

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 month ago#102
ssringo posted...
Unfortunate but as long as NISA remains garbage I'm not going to buy their games.

*NISA publishes NIS's games in the US, I know they're not the same.

Ys VIII is one of only games this generation they caused significant problems. Even then, the PS4 and VIta versions were just the translation script and later patched.

I don't know if NISA is directly responsible for the missing features in the PC version of Disgaea 5.
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
1 month ago#103
majin nemesis posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
I only like their Disgaea series but I feel that lately they've been driving that series to the ground.

mehcanically, yes, story, not as much, no.

plus they've released disgaea 1 enough times now it's getting to be like f***ing skyrim, and i don't know a metaphor for being run into the f***ing ground more than skyrim.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
1 month ago#104
leeman3104 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

plus they've released disgaea 1 enough times now it's getting to be like f***ing skyrim, and i don't know a metaphor for being run into the f***ing ground more than skyrim.

Disgaea story lines were never good to begin with.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
1 month ago#105
leeman3104 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

As long as ppl buy it theyll keep releasing it - Todd
There are people in this world who hate chocolate...those people are evil...also...Ff14 Casual Discord;
https://discord.gg/FbvAfAq

User Info: Triod

Triod
1 month ago#106
leeman3104 posted...
@Triod posted...
Scryed posted...
Triod posted...
MeteoraXV posted...
yeah if NIS goes down that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin for SRPGs

LMAO, NIS doesn't make SRPGs, their games are 100% grind and 0% strategy.

thats most rpgs.

I wouldn't count most RPGs as SRPGs.

no, he means 100% grind and 0% strategy sounds like most rpgs, not just srpgs, or disgaea. not equating most rpgs as srpgs. he means s*** like ffx is more about grind that strategy, not that it's an srpg.

I'm really confused where you're finding grind in FFX since there just wasn't any aside from a handful of optional bosses where you needed to have max strength and speed which didn't really take anywhere close to long enough to be a significant part of the game.

Also the original comment was bout the games being the last Strategy RPGs (and LOL they aren't) since there is by design no strategy involved whatsoever and you are supposed to just grind away all your problems. Seeing how they are completely devoid of the defining element of the subgenre, I wouldn't really classify them as SRPGs, what other mainstream RPGs have is completely irrelevant here.
(message deleted)

majin nemesis
1 month ago#108
leeman3104 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

the story is one of the best of the disgaea if not the best and better then a lot of game out there,seriously the story is really great,and they haven't really released disgaea 1 that much the comnplete version it's on PS4 and PC

majin nemesis
1 month ago#109
EvilGiygas posted...

Disgaea story lines were never good to begin with.

they are especially 5

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
1 month ago#110
Disgaea has funny item descriptions that make me laugh. 5 still does.

The first axe being found in a man down by the river is a freakin' hilarious reference. Loved Chris Farley.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Disgaea Publisher in Dire Financial Straits, Can't Afford to Pay Employes
  • Topic Archived