• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Guys: When did you "have it" for the first time?

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
4 weeks ago#31
SlajifrasH045 posted...
ps2.

I made the correct choice and went with n64 over ps1.

Rofl, I don't ever want to see you giving me s*** about Witcher again. N64 over PS1? Lolololololol
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: RHF

RHF
4 weeks ago#32
PS1 in 97. Remember getting it from Sears or Macy at MoA. Family picked one up with FF7 and Treasures of the deep. Still have it and it's working
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
4 weeks ago#33
Used PSX (back then that’s what it was called for some reason). Got in in the late 90s, like 98 or 99.

First launch day console was the PS2.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.

User Info: BaschLives

BaschLives
4 weeks ago#34
Christmas of 1998

Got my playstation and a bunch of games like FIFA 99 (that's why I can remember the date tbh), vigilante 8, some weird japanese fishing game, small soldiers... there were other games but I can't remember now

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
4 weeks ago#35
rjames80 posted...
SlajifrasH045 posted...
ps2.

Rofl, I don't ever want to see you giving me s*** about Witcher again. N64 over PS1? Lolololololol

Wow, why are you so obsessed over me? Weird.

PSone botched the transition to 3d graphics spectacularly. It did have some good games though. Particularly Symphony of the Night, which is a true masterpiece. (See how that word is properly used?)
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.|345 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
If you have an anime profile picture, your opinion doesn't count.

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
4 weeks ago#36
SlajifrasH045 posted...
rjames80 posted...
SlajifrasH045 posted...
ps2.

PSone botched the transition to 3d graphics spectacularly. It did have some good games though. Particularly Symphony of the Night, which is a true masterpiece. (See how that word is properly used?)

N64 didn't have many great games. It's not even close to being on the same level as PS1. You don't seem to like very many games, though, so maybe that's not an issue for you.

Also, you're still struggling with the whole "masterpiece" thing, I see. It can be applied to more than one game and was properly used, regardless of your thoughts on certain games. SlajifrasH045 hating on an excellent game doesn't mean it's not a masterpiece.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: Tmo_1992

Tmo_1992
4 weeks ago#37
I thought for sure this was going to be a "when did you lose your virginity" question.
Roll Tide!

User Info: xalo_ice_nora

xalo_ice_nora
4 weeks ago#38
Playstation 1, don't quite remember the year 98 maybe, I remember my parent gave me the console for x-mass with no games, because it came with a CD with demos, so after playing the demos I get to choose my first game, they were so thoughtful.

The demo came with Medievil, Metal Gear, Crash 3 and the very first game I bought was Dragon ball GT final bout, then Metal Gear Solid and Fifa 98 road to the world cup.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
4 weeks ago#39
rjames80 posted...
SlajifrasH045 posted...
rjames80 posted...
SlajifrasH045 posted...
ps2.

N64 didn't have many great games. It's not even close to being on the same level as PS1. You don't seem to like very many games, though, so maybe that's not an issue for you.

Also, you're still struggling with the whole "masterpiece" thing, I see. It can be applied to more than one game and was properly used, regardless of your thoughts on certain games. SlajifrasH045 hating on an excellent game doesn't mean it's not a masterpiece.

I like plenty of games, I just prefer good ones. And the AAA games of late have pretty much been nothing but boring open world crap with bad gameplay (like TW3 and RDR2)
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.|345 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
If you have an anime profile picture, your opinion doesn't count.

User Info: TommySnipeZ_182

TommySnipeZ_182
4 weeks ago#40
I never had one bought for me, I 'borrowed' the PS1 off my older brother and I was hooked. I always got angry when he didn't let me play Crash Bandicoot.
BattleTag: CommonDreads#2148 / Nintendo Friend Code: 3368-6182-0270 / PSN: TommySnipeZ_182 / Steam: OneStepBeyond182 / XBL: TommySnipeZ 182.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Guys: When did you "have it" for the first time?
  • Topic Archived