• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is more important in a video game?

User Info: KI11AK

KI11AK
4 weeks ago#91
rjames80 posted...
KI11AK posted...
rjames80 posted...
KI11AK posted...
Because the graphics have to appeal. They are, and have always been, the most important factor

Not really. I'm playing through DQVI right now on SNES Classis and I'm enjoying it. It's definitely not because of the graphics. Gameplay trumps graphics every time.

Surely the subject is a discussion for releases in the current day.

Nah, a fun game is a fun game. Graphics don't decide that and aren't the most important factor, ever. Plus, you said they "always have been the most important factor," and that's just not true.

But when that game was new, it wouldve been.

When it comes to video games, the single most progressive leap is visuals.
GameFAQs: A place where a community of gamers meet up to discuss.....
how much they hate video games.

User Info: Gigant0pithecus

Gigant0pithecus
4 weeks ago#92
Gameplay.

"Cinematic Graphics" has its place, depending on the type of game in question, but isn't even remotely necessary. Good gameplay is.
XBL: Gigantopithecus PSN: SugarPussPulled - Protect your beards!

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
4 weeks ago#93
KI11AK posted...
rjames80 posted...
KI11AK posted...
rjames80 posted...
KI11AK posted...
Because the graphics have to appeal. They are, and have always been, the most important factor

Not really. I'm playing through DQVI right now on SNES Classis and I'm enjoying it. It's definitely not because of the graphics. Gameplay trumps graphics every time.

Surely the subject is a discussion for releases in the current day.

Nah, a fun game is a fun game. Graphics don't decide that and aren't the most important factor, ever. Plus, you said they "always have been the most important factor," and that's just not true.

But when that game was new, it wouldve been.

When it comes to video games, the single most progressive leap is visuals.

Right, that's a leap in technology, but it isn't what makes games enjoyable. A game with amazing, top notch graphics can still be a bad game and a game with low end graphics can still be a great game. That's why graphics aren't the most important factor. Salt and Sanctuary didn't exactly push the envelope as far as graphics go, but it was still an excellent game. Same with Hollow Knight. If a person can't enjoy a game unless it has flashy graphics, that sounds more like a personal issue.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: link0316

link0316
4 weeks ago#94
Always story first.
RE4 is one of the greatest games ever made.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
4 weeks ago#95
link0316 posted...
Always story first.

read a book or watch a movie instead of getting B movie bargain bin stories in video games
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.|345 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
If you have an anime profile picture, your opinion doesn't count.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#96
beshocked posted...
When you play an adventure game, the story is the most important thing.

It depends. I understand what you're saying, but Zelda and Souls, for example, don't have much of a story (Souls has lore, it's different). Zelda is probably the greatest action adventure series ever made and is almost totally focused on gameplay.

User Info: random_man9119

random_man9119
4 weeks ago#97
I think it really depends on the game type... Like when I'm looking at Visual Novels, story is more important... Like VA-11 Hall A's actual gameplay was just making drinks and occasionally buy things but I loved the story and dialogue...

With something with more gameplay (like action games for example), I definitely think gameplay is the most important thing...
NNID:MrOddities|PSN:OddGamer2013
Playing: Mortal Kombat 11|Pokemon Ultra Moon|Fusionfall Retro|The Princess Guide|Cuphead|Rage 2

User Info: MirMiros

MirMiros
4 weeks ago#98
SlajifrasH045 posted...
link0316 posted...
Always story first.

read a book or watch a movie instead of getting B movie bargain bin stories in video games

Stop telling people how to enjoy their games.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
4 weeks ago#99
MirMiros posted...
SlajifrasH045 posted...
link0316 posted...
Always story first.

Stop telling people how to enjoy their games.

Stop telling me how to make my Gamefaqs posts, hypocrite

gawd
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.|345 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
If you have an anime profile picture, your opinion doesn't count.

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
4 weeks ago#100
SlajifrasH045 posted...
link0316 posted...
Always story first.

p****. I watch 200 year old italian opera.
http://functor.bandcamp.com
http://cadavericlividity.bandcamp.com
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is more important in a video game?
  • Topic Archived