• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is more important in a video game?

User Info: Xethuminra

Xethuminra
4 weeks ago#31
CaspuR posted...
Xethuminra posted...
What are we talking about? How a game can look like dogs*** and somehow still be amazing because it plays well? Like what?

“Graphics” aren’t everything. But! It’s not just smoothness or resolution. It’s the FPS count, objects on screen, rendering of the key concepts to the aesthetic using techniques which naturally compliment them and can create a variety of new designs which “feel” literally feel like they belong there, proper use of SFX to accentuate particle effects, stuffs like that ;-) etc. see: Minecraft. Looks like s*** but not really because Minecraft. Kinda plays like s*** too, when it comes to combat. Lol.

On the other side of the spectrum. Mortal Kombat 10 & 11.... meaning............ **motions to you**

They play really well....
but

The poll is between gameplay and "cinematic" graphics it's not talking about fps.

Gameplay is more important

Games like SuperHOT are perfect examples of this where the characters in the game are damn near silhouettes but the gameplay is amazing.

Gameplay is first, If the game has good game play first people will go on to compliment the other aspects of it, but if the gameplay is not engaging it ruins the whole package.
I think SuperHOT sells a lot off those graphics

User Info: CaspuR

CaspuR
4 weeks ago#32
rjames80 posted...
OhGoodGrief posted...
BaschLives posted...
rjames80 posted...
Both, like GoW.

???

What exactly is it that you're having a hard time with?

I think he is trying to imply that GoWs gameplay is not up to snuff.
From Software Order: Sekiro>Dark Souls 3>Bloodborne>Dark Souls>Demon Souls>Dark Souls 2.

Xethuminra
4 weeks ago#33
SuperHOT doesn’t even play so well, but everything you attack has a beautiful effect, eh?

User Info: D4Thots

D4Thots
4 weeks ago#34
CaspuR posted...
rjames80 posted...
OhGoodGrief posted...
BaschLives posted...
rjames80 posted...
Both, like GoW.

???

What exactly is it that you're having a hard time with?

I think he is trying to imply that GoWs gameplay is not up to snuff.

I mean Spiderman or Uncharted would be a better example than GoW.
"Witcher 3 is the game of the generation." - every self respecting gamer
If I had to choose one game it would be Mau Mau
(message deleted)

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 weeks ago#36
uncensored boobs
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
4 weeks ago#37
I think the general consensus was: “Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>Story. If you crave a good story read a book.”
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste, ok.

Xethuminra
4 weeks ago#38
Life is Strange has nice gameplay, but it's all story and graphics.... and highly successful. <3 those handmade assets

User Info: nanofazz97

nanofazz97
4 weeks ago#39
Gameplay comes first, but graphics with strong attention to detail always add to the experience.

Development teams should always make the effort.

User Info: D4Thots

D4Thots
4 weeks ago#40
Relinquished posted...
I think the general consensus was: “Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>Story. If you crave a good story read a book.”

It was in 90's. We have 2019 now, gameplay is not enough to carry a single player game. Want only gameplay? Play multiplayer.
"Witcher 3 is the game of the generation." - every self respecting gamer
If I had to choose one game it would be Mau Mau
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is more important in a video game?
  • Topic Archived