• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I need this communities unbiased opinion on whether ps5 will succeed and if PC..

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#61
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
Yes, PS5 will be the dominant platform again. No matter what anyone says, in the end it’s about the games and if history has taught us anything, it’s that Playstation is where vast majority of the best games are available. The rest be it PC, Nintendo or Xbox always get only a small fraction of the best games. Just look at this gen so far...

Top ten highest rated games of the gen:
RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Divinity: Original Sin
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Where you can play how many of those 10:
PS4:8
XB1: 4
PC: 3
NS: 2

Splatoon 2? Smash Ultimate? Mario Kart 8? Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? Animal Crossing? Pokémon titles?

What about them?

Highly rated titles that you excluded from your list for whatever reason?

I listed the top 10 highest rated as it says right above the list. And also I listed games from the current consoles and PC, most of what you listed doesn't even qualify for consideration.

They are all several times more relevant than persona 5 at least.

Try not to be biased.

The only one being biased here is you friend. I'm just using one criteria and applying it equally. "relevant" is not something I can quantify so there's no way for me to make a list based on that.
If we were going by sales/playerbase then I doubt any Nintendo games will make this list.
I assume it'll look something like Fortnite, Apex Legends, Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty, FIFA, PUBG, etc.
Trust me metacritic way is better for you as a Nintendo dick rider as this way they get some representation.

You honestly think Persona 5 is getting more mainstream attention from "core" gamers than anything from Nintendo? Sony fanboys are nutty lol. But I suppose having two more high Metacritic games is something worth bragging about when your plastic box is a censored wasteland. It's just a shame there's no other games available on PS4 that you had to resort to this as an argument.

And your list wrong too, 6/10 of those games are available on PC. But that's a drop in the bucket when you have access to decades worth of games in general :)
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
4 weeks ago#62
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
Yes, PS5 will be the dominant platform again. No matter what anyone says, in the end it’s about the games and if history has taught us anything, it’s that Playstation is where vast majority of the best games are available. The rest be it PC, Nintendo or Xbox always get only a small fraction of the best games. Just look at this gen so far...

Top ten highest rated games of the gen:
RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Divinity: Original Sin
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Where you can play how many of those 10:
PS4:8
XB1: 4
PC: 3
NS: 2

Splatoon 2? Smash Ultimate? Mario Kart 8? Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? Animal Crossing? Pokémon titles?

What about them?

Highly rated titles that you excluded from your list for whatever reason?

I listed the top 10 highest rated as it says right above the list. And also I listed games from the current consoles and PC, most of what you listed doesn't even qualify for consideration.

They are all several times more relevant than persona 5 at least.

Try not to be biased.

The only one being biased here is you friend. I'm just using one criteria and applying it equally. "relevant" is not something I can quantify so there's no way for me to make a list based on that.
If we were going by sales/playerbase then I doubt any Nintendo games will make this list.
I assume it'll look something like Fortnite, Apex Legends, Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty, FIFA, PUBG, etc.
Trust me metacritic way is better for you as a Nintendo dick rider as this way they get some representation.

Lol, smash ultimate is literally one of the fastest selling exclusives of all time, yet you refuse to list it while still listing persona 5. It’s pretty clear who the biased one here is.

User Info: rzxv04

rzxv04
4 weeks ago#63
Depends on how you want to frame "success".

If they meet reasonable profits, then that's probably a good metric.

It really depends on Sony's internal, realistic goals, after the bs they have to deal with in board rooms.

I wouldn't even consider PlayStation really losing if they sold less than Xbox, if ever that happens but if reports start coming in that they're bleeding money from PlayStation. That's a lose.

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#64
kanzagi321 posted...
Lol, smash ultimate is literally one of the fastest selling exclusives of all time, yet you refuse to list it while still listing persona 5. It’s pretty clear who the biased one here is.

"B-B-B-Buuuuuuut METACRITIC!!!"

Sony fanboys are all like this. The funny thing is, he said his list appeals to the "core gamer". I didn't realize core gamers were playing Persona instead of Pokemon.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#65
Sir_Haxor posted...
You honestly think Persona 5 is getting more mainstream attention from "core" gamers than anything from Nintendo? Sony fanboys are nutty lol. But I suppose having two more high Metacritic games is something worth bragging about when your plastic box is a censored wasteland. It's just a shame there's no other games available on PS4 that you had to resort to this as an argument.

And your list wrong too, 6/10 of those games are available on PC. But that's a drop in the bucket when you have access to decades worth of games in general :)

Can you not read? of course Persona 5 wouldn't be in the list if it were based on sales/popularity.
I swear every time I get into an argument with a Nintendo kid s*** like this happens, they have no reading comprehension and I end up having to explain everything like I'm talking to a mentally handicapped person.

Insaan
4 weeks ago#66
kanzagi321 posted...

It's nowhere close to as popular as the games I listed though...Smash can't compete with those games on their worst day.

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#67
Insaan posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

Can you not read? of course Persona 5 wouldn't be in the list if it were based on sales/popularity.
I swear every time I get into an argument with a Nintendo kid s*** like this happens, they have no reading comprehension and I end up having to explain everything like I'm talking to a mentally handicapped person.

And yet you put in a list of games that would appeal to the "core gamer".

Gotta love that backpedaling lol. As I said, your PS4 must be a wasteland if you're bragging about "highest rated" over most played, enjoyed, and overall quantity.

Insaan posted...
It's nowhere close to as popular as the games I listed though...Smash can't compete with those games on their worst day.

The delusion is REAL. Why don't you go look up sales numbers for Smash and get back to us? Maybe when you're on the same page you'll realize how foolish your posts are.

Insaan
4 weeks ago#68
Sir_Haxor posted...
The delusion is REAL. Why don't you go look up sales numbers for Smash and get back to us? Maybe when you're on the same page you'll realize how foolish your posts are.

As of April 25th, it was at 13.81 million, that's not much compared to the games I named.
It's very much in line with Sony's exclusives like Spiderman, God of War, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, etc. It'll be a 15-20 million seller like those games. Which can't compete with multiplats like Fortnite, CoD, FIFA, Apex Legends, etc.

User Info: Moneymoney

Moneymoney
4 weeks ago#69
Why don't you enjoy your ps4 for now. Sit back relax and be patient. Let sony do what it does and come out with something great. Why got to know everything before you buy it. Just buy it and be like heaven. There not going to let you down. I keep hearing about this 2020 going to release still don't believe it. Sony going to push it out when the time is ready.

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#70
Insaan posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

As of April 25th, it was at 13.81 million, that's not much compared to the games I named.
It's very much in line with Sony's exclusives like Spiderman, God of War, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, etc. It'll be a 15-20 million seller like those games. Which can't compete with multiplats like Fortnite, CoD, FIFA, Apex Legends, etc.

"In line"?

It's surpassed every single one of those Sony exclusive games by 5 million in January, a month after it released. It's probably added another 3-4 million since then putting it at 17-18 million (including digital here). And TLoU isn't even in the top ten so why are you bringing that up if only Metacritic matters? Heck, why are you bringing up FortNite of all things?

This isn't about what Smash Bros competes with overall, it's about how it compares to your lists. Don't move goal posts and fail at it at the same time time, since all of those additional games wipe the floor with your PS4 only Metacritic games even harder.

No weaseling out either. Please explain how Persona 5 is more relevant to "core" gamers than Smash Bros. You clearly had no idea of the franchise's selling history/potential and thought you could low ball its significance because "Nintendo".
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I need this communities unbiased opinion on whether ps5 will succeed and if PC..
  • Topic Archived