• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I need this communities unbiased opinion on whether ps5 will succeed and if PC..

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 weeks ago#41
Crenlar posted...
It's likely the PS 5 will have a hybrid drive. Like 512gb ssd and 2tb hdd. By late 2020 a comparable prebuilt pc will probably be around $800 or 900

What kind of intel cpu and nvidia gpu would you add to that?
Pretty much any video card with less than 10gb of video ram isn't worth the time.
This area is under construction until further notice.

User Info: ILovePancakes

ILovePancakes
4 weeks ago#42
If PCs were never a threat to the PS3/PS4 what makes you think they will all of a sudden become one to the PS5 😑
I'm way too cold, get the theraflu

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
4 weeks ago#43
knightimex posted...
Crenlar posted...
It's likely the PS 5 will have a hybrid drive. Like 512gb ssd and 2tb hdd. By late 2020 a comparable prebuilt pc will probably be around $800 or 900

What kind of intel cpu and nvidia gpu would you add to that?
Pretty much any video card with less than 10gb of video ram isn't worth the time.

Add? It would be included. AC Oddysey is one of the most demanding games and uses 5.5 gb vram and 10gb ram at 4k. Often times a game will use more ram and vram if its available. I doubt the game really needs 10gb ram.
fair and balanced

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
4 weeks ago#44
ILovePancakes posted...
If PCs were never a threat to the PS3/PS4 what makes you think they will all of a sudden become one to the PS5 😑

Probably because pc gaming has grown quite a bit in the last 10 years due to it becoming a lot cheaper but console gaming will continue to thrive.
fair and balanced

User Info: D4Thots

D4Thots
4 weeks ago#45
Insaan posted...
Yes, PS5 will be the dominant platform again. No matter what anyone says, in the end it’s about the games and if history has taught us anything, it’s that Playstation is where vast majority of the best games are available. The rest be it PC, Nintendo or Xbox always get only a small fraction of the best games. Just look at this gen so far...

Top ten highest rated games of the gen:
RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Divinity: Original Sin
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Where you can play how many of those 10:
PS4:8
XB1: 4
PC: 3
NS: 2

Preach
"Witcher 3 is the game of the generation." - every self respecting gamer
If I had to choose one game it would be Mau Mau

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
4 weeks ago#46
Insaan posted...
Yes, PS5 will be the dominant platform again. No matter what anyone says, in the end it’s about the games and if history has taught us anything, it’s that Playstation is where vast majority of the best games are available. The rest be it PC, Nintendo or Xbox always get only a small fraction of the best games. Just look at this gen so far...

RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Splatoon 2? Smash Ultimate? Mario Kart 8? Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? Animal Crossing? Pokémon titles?

User Info: I3aniard

I3aniard
4 weeks ago#47
EvilGiygas posted...
Given the context of older topics you've made TC, we should not entertain your thoughts.

You have me tagged, dexter? Lol

I like to have fun while discussing serious topics, share your thoughts or don’t, I really don’t care, sir.

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#48
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...

RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Splatoon 2? Smash Ultimate? Mario Kart 8? Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? Animal Crossing? Pokémon titles?

What about them?

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
4 weeks ago#49
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...

RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

What about them?

Highly rated titles that you excluded from your list for whatever reason?

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#50
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
Insaan posted...

RDR2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
MGSV
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

What about them?

Highly rated titles that you excluded from your list for whatever reason?

I listed the top 10 highest rated as it says right above the list. And also I listed games from the current consoles and PC, most of what you listed doesn't even qualify for consideration.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I need this communities unbiased opinion on whether ps5 will succeed and if PC..
  • Topic Archived