• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I need this communities unbiased opinion on whether ps5 will succeed and if PC..

User Info: I3aniard

I3aniard
3 weeks ago#1
is a threat.

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
3 weeks ago#2
There are too many unknowns to know what will happen with the PS5 at the moment. For starters will online still be locked behind a subscription, if yes will said subscription go up in price. For PS4 they introduced locked online, increase price and reduce games by removing PS3 and PS Vita with no replacement or price drop.

Will PS+ gain anything new or nothing new at all.

How does backward compatible work, can every PSN and PS4 work on the PS5. Let’s not forget the price of the console. Imagine if Sony pulls the same move like they did with the PS3 60GB Pal version that would be bad.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: I3aniard

I3aniard
3 weeks ago#3
I want predictions on the info we have now for future reference.

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
3 weeks ago#4
I3aniard posted...

Predictions isn’t going to help, look at PS3 60GB Pal version, no one expected we would get inferior backward compatible compared to the NTSC-U and NTSC-J version, yet the PAL version costed more while being inferior. PS1 and PS2 games were region locked, so importing PS3 wasn’t possible.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
3 weeks ago#5
supermichael11 posted...
I3aniard posted...

Predictions isn’t going to help, look at PS3 60GB Pal version, no one expected we would get inferior backward compatible compared to the NTSC-U and NTSC-J version, yet the PAL version costed more while being inferior. PS1 and PS2 games were region locked, so importing PS3 wasn’t possible.

plus, opinions are kinda biased anyway. some people's opinion will be it'll do fine (mine), some people's is it'll do badly, etc, and it's still biased, even if my 'it'll be fine" doesn't mean anything like "psh, it's sony, sony's awesome" or anything.

there's always some bias in an opinion, because there's always some bias in us. if anyone says they can give a definitive answer, they're biased as a motherf***er.

besides, how would these predictions work, even? "oh, ps5 doesn't have as large a graphical leap as xbox might bring, so it'll do badly" even though playstation did better than xbox NOW and that's true. "their stance of censorship's sent a lot of people away from playstation" eh, doubt it's even 1%. not even .1% at that. and it's common to have both a console and a pc, so it's not like it'd be some huge deal.

it's just too early to tell, might be too early even when it releases, how it'll do in it's lifetime.

i think pc will do fine, and i think the ps5 will too. pc's not a threat, imo, because it's an idiotic way to put it, they're competition. it's not like pc's gonna suddenly be so good that playstation will go bankrupt or anything, or microsoft's gonna start firebombing their businesses.

hell, xbox is probably gonna be fine, and they were definitely last in the whole console war bulls***.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
3 weeks ago#6
PC is never a threat. I'm not anti-pc or anything, but it's just not. I imagine ps5 will do well although I'm not sure there is a need for it or a new xbox at the moment.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#7
Nintendo and Playstation is the way to go.

PC is not a threat and neither is zero-exclusives Xbox
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
3 weeks ago#8
It’s too soon to tell, don’t fret.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste, ok.

User Info: Ninjaluver

Ninjaluver
3 weeks ago#9
Yes, it will succeed. There is a huge portion of the gaming market that never has and never will even consider PC.

The crowd that buys the CODs, the FIFAs, the GTAs, the NBA2Ks (i.e. the best selling games) don't even consider PC gaming. They want a box that they can buy for some hundreds, pop in a disc (or DL) and jsut play and talk to their friends. They don't want to deal with Windows, they don't want to deal with drivers or manual updates, they don't want to learn to use a M/KB, they don't want to deal with Discord or Steam, etc.

User Info: GM_

GM_
3 weeks ago#10
Ninjaluver posted...
Yes, it will succeed. There is a huge portion of the gaming market that never has and never will even consider PC.

The crowd that buys the CODs, the FIFAs, the GTAs, the NBA2Ks (i.e. the best selling games) don't even consider PC gaming. They want a box that they can buy for some hundreds, pop in a disc (or DL) and jsut play and talk to their friends. They don't want to deal with Windows, they don't want to deal with drivers or manual updates, they don't want to learn to use a M/KB, they don't want to deal with Discord or Steam, etc.

Literally none of the things you listed a relevant in 2019 with PC gaming. Just highlighting them real fast. Also Steam is literally the only application you have to install if you want to just game. Discord is popular because it gets large groups of people together easily. If you really want you can just voice chat directly through Steam itself instead.

I haven't had to install a driver in years beyond the initial setup of my PC. Everything is automated these days in the background. Kb/m is optional for most games as they natively support 360 and xbone controllers. Unless you're playing an RTS or something you aren't forced to keyboard.
It's Aeris not Aerith
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I need this communities unbiased opinion on whether ps5 will succeed and if PC..
  • Topic Archived