• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Chrono Cross remake

User Info: Xilithion

Xilithion
4 weeks ago#51
Trigger is my GOAT, Cross was trash.
PSN:SassyBran, NID:Gannen, GT:ComradeBoomBoom, Steam: Xilithion.

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
4 weeks ago#52
BlueDsc posted...
ShionJrCitrine posted...
but there are some story issues with Chrono Cross like, for instance, when you go to the beach in the beginning and Leena is watching you dissappear, but then considers you dead in Another World (which is considered 10 years after Serge's disappearance)...especially while you are in front of her. Plus if Another World is 10 years older, I would expect characters to look ten years older. I know one can dream.

That's, uh, not remotely correct. I'm not sure how you even got to that conclusion. The game makes it pretty clear that Another World is an alternate dimension where Serge died in an event ten years prior in that dimension's timeline. Both worlds are taking place at the same time, just with Serge dead in one but not in the other. It's the reason Another World Leena doesn't believe you're the same Serge, cause she never would have seen Serge at that age.

Oh I see. One of the Npcs states that in Another Arni that a mother and father gave birth to Serge 10 years back. That makes more sense anyways since Serge is older than 10 in Home.

ShionJrCitrine
4 weeks ago#53
AttackUp posted...
BlueDsc posted...
ShionJrCitrine posted...
but there are some story issues with Chrono Cross like, for instance, when you go to the beach in the beginning and Leena is watching you dissappear, but then considers you dead in Another World (which is considered 10 years after Serge's disappearance)...especially while you are in front of her. Plus if Another World is 10 years older, I would expect characters to look ten years older. I know one can dream.

That's, uh, not remotely correct. I'm not sure how you even got to that conclusion. The game makes it pretty clear that Another World is an alternate dimension where Serge died in an event ten years prior in that dimension's timeline. Both worlds are taking place at the same time, just with Serge dead in one but not in the other. It's the reason Another World Leena doesn't believe you're the same Serge, cause she never would have seen Serge at that age.

@ShionJrCitrine
Did you even play the game?

It's been a while, but yes. I can misinterpret.

ShionJrCitrine
4 weeks ago#54
Problemz posted...
it wasn't bad. fun combat system with a twist on turn based combat. large, awesome playable character roster, great music. i think the only thing i didn't like was that the story was somewhat convoluted. but i also haven't played it since i was a kid and don't remember most of it, so i could just be overestimating how difficult it was to grasp. do i think it was as good as CT? absolutely not. only Tales of Destiny 2/Eternia, Breath of Fire 3 and FF Tactics reach that level in my book, but it was definitely a solid game.

Both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross had paradoxes. I don't think it's that hard to follow if you pay attention to what's going on.

User Info: JohnRyder

JohnRyder
4 weeks ago#55
Im one of those guys that played Cross before Trigger. And I really adore it. The music and the story is really good and I love the world and the many characters you can recruit. Also the battle system is really addicting kind of like how it feels in Octopath Traveler. A Remake or a remaster with better textures would be Awesome.

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 weeks ago#56
rafamaximo posted...
Are they going to actually remake Chrono Cross keeping core gameplay intact, adding just a coat of fresh painting and a few QoL improvements? Then yes.

Are they going to butcher it like FFVII remake? Then hell no.

This
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Chrono Cross remake
  • Topic Archived