• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I didn't realize how much I needed GTA V until now

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
4 weeks ago#1
I know GTA V has been out for years but I never really had any interest buying it until after playing some Red Dead Redemption 2. The fights there are fun and the story and setting is good but the long wilderness explorations and scarcity of fast travel points make it dragging for me that I haven't finished it yet. Whereas in GTA V, driving in Los Santos is fun so it never feels like a long loading screen unlike driving in FF15. It makes me wonder whether a GTA like city and sandbox world would have made FF15 better.

On a related note, how do Saints Row games compare to GTA games? They seem to be very similar in being a sandbox open world city crime game. Also, how does GTA IV compare to GTA V?
Currently playing: GTA V

User Info: Game_of_Thrones

Game_of_Thrones
4 weeks ago#2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rpnCxkABgbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR3_yFT17Xg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADd8UL_J1HY

User Info: SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou
4 weeks ago#3
LightEmperor posted...
I know GTA V has been out for years but I never really had any interest buying it until after playing some Red Dead Redemption 2. The fights there are fun and the story and setting is good but the long wilderness explorations and scarcity of fast travel points make it dragging for me that I haven't finished it yet. Whereas in GTA V, driving in Los Santos is fun so it never feels like a long loading screen unlike driving in FF15. It makes me wonder whether a GTA like city and sandbox world would have made FF15 better.

On a related note, how do Saints Row games compare to GTA games? They seem to be very similar in being a sandbox open world city crime game. Also, how does GTA IV compare to GTA V?

The only thing I can tell you is that Saint's Row started off by ripping off GTA3 so hard that it's surprising they didn't get sued for copyright infringement. Where GTA turned almost completely "srs bsns" with a little humor thrown in, Saint's Row went from subtle satire to outrageous spoof to running around Hell on a recliner with machine guns before the big musical number (no, I'm not joking).

If you want a mostly gritty urban crime sandbox, GTA is your game. If you want a game that's more "Suicide Squad" than "Scarface", you going to want to try Saint's Row (at least from 3 on).

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
4 weeks ago#4
SmarterThanYou posted...
running around Hell on a recliner with machine guns before the big musical number (no, I'm not joking).

Wow that sounds like it will be a lot of fun to play. How are the cops on Saints Row games? GTA V cops are broken though it's fun for me to play a game of how long I can survive before the cops kill me. I have my eyes on Saints Row The Third on Switch though I'll wait on a sale before getting it.
Currently playing: GTA V

User Info: bigtiggie23

bigtiggie23
4 weeks ago#5
The cops in Saint's Row are nothing, especially compared to the gangs and the Military force you eventually face.
"And your T-shirts are too tight too Billy!"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I didn't realize how much I needed GTA V until now
  • Topic Archived