• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 weeks ago#231
Total fail killing off Danerys
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: ms555

ms555
4 weeks ago#232
kablamo posted...
Just read an article that stated seasons 6-8 were not written by the creator of the books, but by the creators of the TV show.

Makes sense.

I thought the writing went down hill after season 5.

The pacing is no doubt an issue for the last two seasons. Nevertheless, the GOT fans are in for a rude awakening when the books have pretty much the same ending.

The author gave HBO the main points for the ending. So Bran becoming king, Dany going mad, Jon killing Dany, you can bet your behind that was always meant to be. Can’t blame HBO for any of that, the criticism should be isolated to pacing or build up alone

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#233
skermac posted...

https://i.imgtc.ws/lWDtJ7K.png
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: ms555

ms555
4 weeks ago#234
skermac posted...

As I just stated too in my last post, theres a 99.9999% chance George RR Martin TOLD HBO Dany needs to die (and by Jon’s hands). HBO was given the cliff notes for the ending, they just fleshed it out and changed how certain characters got there

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 weeks ago#235
ms555 posted...
kablamo posted...
Just read an article that stated seasons 6-8 were not written by the creator of the books, but by the creators of the TV show.

Makes sense.

I thought the writing went down hill after season 5.

The pacing is no doubt an issue for the last two seasons. Nevertheless, the GOT fans are in for a rude awakening when the books have pretty much the same ending.

The author gave HBO the main points for the ending. So Bran becoming king, Dany going mad, Jon killing Dany, you can bet your behind that was always meant to be. Can’t blame HBO for any of that, the criticism should be isolated to pacing or build up alone

No, the author didn’t like the final either
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: c_sunset

c_sunset
4 weeks ago#236
kablamo posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility

You cant just flip a society upside down and expect it to work.

Coming up with an entirely brand new system is farfetched and not realistic, at all.

She could, cause she had dragons. The others dont. I dont think she was going to give them a choice.
FFBE global: 842,543,946 - Esther/Sophia
SOA global: UD9T4VD3HX - D.Claire/A2/2B/H.Victor

User Info: c_sunset

c_sunset
4 weeks ago#237
The whole breaking the wheel talk is just talk. She isnt gonna replace monarchy with some republic or democratic system, she just wants to replace the monarch. Also she isnt going to let anyone else but herself rule the whole of westeros, moreover only in her image. Thats tyranny in essence. What tyrion said to jon in the last episode about her pretty much sums up everything that is wrong about supporting her.
FFBE global: 842,543,946 - Esther/Sophia
SOA global: UD9T4VD3HX - D.Claire/A2/2B/H.Victor

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
4 weeks ago#238
AltusJ posted...
Nicodimus posted...
AltusJ posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
Nicodimus posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.

Breaking the wheel doesn't mean putting new people into the existing system. It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

They didn't break the full thing... That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility (i.e., lords and ladies). But they did turn the kingship into an electoral-based monarchy, instead of one that is obtained via heritage or conquest. Essentially, they turned the king into something more like a lifetime President or Prime Minister.

I thought the wheel was slavery.

That doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of why she was invading Westeros. They didn't show us any slavery there that I can recall. Poor people, but not slaves. I always took it to mean that she was going to break the existing system (monarchy.) Which I also took to be hypocritical because she wanted the iron throne due to her family's past. That's part of the reason I found her a lot less likable after season 4-5.

I was implying that the people were basically slaves under Cersei's rule, because Dany gave no indication she wanted to change anything other than that (except for replacing Cersei with herself).

Yes she did. She told Jon that she was going to go on and free all of the slaves in the entire world.

User Info: SepulturaGamer

SepulturaGamer
4 weeks ago#239
Episodes 1 and 2 were okayish. 3 was idiotic. 4 was average. 5 was idiotic. 6 was boring and made no sense.
In the end I didn't enjoy it and didn't hate it either, it just exists. It does make rewatching the show impossible for me since everything they introduce goes nowhere at all.
Did Dr. Kleiner just tell us to get busy? - Alyx Vance

User Info: xalo_ice_nora

xalo_ice_nora
4 weeks ago#240
I also felt it was terrible written

Does Bran see the past? Yes, anything in the present? Most likely yes, also the future? If yes, why didn't he stopped Drogon of burning everything, he can control animals and humans but not a dragon? Ok... for plot reasons he can't control dragons, why didn't he said that to Jon, that Dany was going to kill everyone? That not pretty Kinglish of Bran, let innocent people die because of drama or to take the power more easily. Well he can't see the future, why he went to KL then? To free Jon?

Why did Bran told Jon he was a Targeryan? The rightful heir Bran said, but then "lmao, f*** Jon I am the king". Bran told him to make Dany go crazy?

He is the master puppeteer.

Why did Briene left Sansa? f*** the oath to Catelyn? Because there is no more war or danger in the world? If she thought that Sansa was okey being all alone then well the Bolton show us there can be treason, no more Bolton? Well we saw a northman trying to rape a woman because yes and in front of the king in the north.

So the Winterfell is an independent country? but "lol we also get to choose who rules the other kingdoms, way to go Bran, rule them".

So Greyworm kill everyone because he was fueled with rage and because it was the queen command? But when Jon killed said queen, they took him prisoner? And they waited 3 weeks or months or whatever it took the lords party? So everyone agreed on sending Jon to the wall because Greyworm wants that? The dude left.

Jaime killed the mad king to protect the people of KL, he got the best moral compass, oh no! he just pushed a boy from a tower, maybe he just killed the king to help BobbyB and his sister to gain power. Nope there he goes to the north to face the Night king to protect everyone, good for him he learned Cersei was bad to the cor... wait, why is he going back? Because of love? Then why didn't he stayed?

Glad the ravens went to fetch the freefolk north of the wall for Jon's return, it wasn't like that? Oh they were waiting there because of the winter? Well I tought they lived easily pretty much in a blizzard like Tormund dearly noted.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones
  • Topic Archived