• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones

User Info: AltusJ

AltusJ
4 weeks ago#211
EvilGiygas posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Did you watch it or not?

Do you not want to talk about it?
PSN: Altus_Janitorius
I have a vest. If I had my arms cut off, it would be a jacket.

User Info: Tmo_1992

Tmo_1992
4 weeks ago#212
Breaking of chains and destroying the wheel are two separate ideas.
Roll Tide!

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#213
So you've not watched it confirmed.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
4 weeks ago#214
AltusJ posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
AltusJ posted...
Did you read our current conversation?

The conversation doesn't matter if you watched the show dude. Did you watch it or not?

So then the new monarchy will still have slavery?

Then there was no point in any of it.

The “wheel” is the system. “Breaking the wheel” is changing the system.
She’s called the breaker of chains because she did free slaves. Quite a lot of them in Essos.
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook

AltusJ
4 weeks ago#215
EvilGiygas posted...
So you've not watched it confirmed.

Why so hung up on me answering that? Does your opinion on the subject change depending on my answer?

I will say that "slavery" was the wrong choice of words on my part. I really just think that Cersei wasn't as bad as Dany, so unless killing Dany was Jon's intent the entire time, then they weren't trying to destroy any wheels.

Are you still going with "I really need to know if you watched the show"?

AltusJ
4 weeks ago#216
ZBug_ posted...
The “wheel” is the system.

She had no intention of changing it imo. That's why I suggested that the part of the system that needed changing, was the ill treatment of the people, and their lack of choice. Or, for the lack of a better term, slavery.

Maybe I'm thinking that they had mentioned the "wheel" before the last episode...

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
4 weeks ago#217
AltusJ posted...
ZBug_ posted...

She had no intention of changing it imo. That's why I suggested that the part of the system that was faulted, was the ill treatment of the people, and their lack of choice, since she had been freeing slaves.

Honestly I don’t know what Dany’s intent was. When Tyrion was talking about breaking the wheel it was clear exactly what he meant. But when Dany was talking about it....
I’m adding that to my list of things poorly written in this season
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook

AltusJ
4 weeks ago#218
ZBug_ posted...
AltusJ posted...
ZBug_ posted...

She had no intention of changing it imo. That's why I suggested that the part of the system that was faulted, was the ill treatment of the people, and their lack of choice, since she had been freeing slaves.

Honestly I don’t know what Dany’s intent was. When Tyrion was talking about breaking the wheel it was clear exactly what he meant. But when Dany was talking about it....
I’m adding that to my list of things poorly written in this season

Yeah, my bad there a bit. I was thinking about Dany talking about it.

It was poorly written.

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 weeks ago#219
AltusJ posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
Nicodimus posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.

Breaking the wheel doesn't mean putting new people into the existing system. It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

They didn't break the full thing... That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility (i.e., lords and ladies). But they did turn the kingship into an electoral-based monarchy, instead of one that is obtained via heritage or conquest. Essentially, they turned the king into something more like a lifetime President or Prime Minister.

I thought the wheel was slavery.

That doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of why she was invading Westeros. They didn't show us any slavery there that I can recall. Poor people, but not slaves. I always took it to mean that she was going to break the existing system (monarchy.) Which I also took to be hypocritical because she wanted the iron throne due to her family's past. That's part of the reason I found her a lot less likable after season 4-5.
Less is more.

AltusJ
4 weeks ago#220
Nicodimus posted...
AltusJ posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
Nicodimus posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.

Breaking the wheel doesn't mean putting new people into the existing system. It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

They didn't break the full thing... That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility (i.e., lords and ladies). But they did turn the kingship into an electoral-based monarchy, instead of one that is obtained via heritage or conquest. Essentially, they turned the king into something more like a lifetime President or Prime Minister.

I thought the wheel was slavery.

That doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of why she was invading Westeros. They didn't show us any slavery there that I can recall. Poor people, but not slaves. I always took it to mean that she was going to break the existing system (monarchy.) Which I also took to be hypocritical because she wanted the iron throne due to her family's past. That's part of the reason I found her a lot less likable after season 4-5.

I was implying that the people were basically slaves under Cersei's rule, because Dany gave no indication she wanted to change anything other than that (except for replacing Cersei with herself).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones
  • Topic Archived