• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
3 weeks ago#201
Nicodimus posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.

Breaking the wheel doesn't mean putting new people into the existing system. It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

They didn't break the full thing... That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility (i.e., lords and ladies). But they did turn the kingship into an electoral-based monarchy, instead of one that is obtained via heritage or conquest. Essentially, they turned the king into something more like a lifetime President or Prime Minister.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: kablamo

kablamo
3 weeks ago#202
WTGHookshot posted...
That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility

You cant just flip a society upside down and expect it to work.

Coming up with an entirely brand new system is farfetched and not realistic, at all.
my name is kablamo. :o)

User Info: AltusJ

AltusJ
3 weeks ago#203
WTGHookshot posted...
Nicodimus posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.

Breaking the wheel doesn't mean putting new people into the existing system. It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

They didn't break the full thing... That would require breaking the whole basis of nobility (i.e., lords and ladies). But they did turn the kingship into an electoral-based monarchy, instead of one that is obtained via heritage or conquest. Essentially, they turned the king into something more like a lifetime President or Prime Minister.

I thought the wheel was slavery.
PSN: Altus_Janitorius
I have a vest. If I had my arms cut off, it would be a jacket.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
3 weeks ago#204
AltusJ posted...
I thought the wheel was slavery.

Nope.

It's also a torture method that was used a long time ago too.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

AltusJ
3 weeks ago#205
EvilGiygas posted...
Nope.

Then why call herself the Breaker of Chains?

EvilGiygas
3 weeks ago#206
AltusJ posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nope.

I mean... Did you watch the show?
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

AltusJ
3 weeks ago#207
EvilGiygas posted...
AltusJ posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Nope.

I mean... Did you watch the show?

Did you read our current conversation?

If slavery isn't the wheel that needs to be broken, allowing people to be free, then she isn't breaking any chains. She'd be replacing them with new ones...

Replacer of Chains?

EvilGiygas
3 weeks ago#208
AltusJ posted...

The conversation doesn't matter if you watched the show dude. Did you watch it or not?

AltusJ
3 weeks ago#209
EvilGiygas posted...
AltusJ posted...

The conversation doesn't matter if you watched the show dude. Did you watch it or not?

So then the new monarchy will still have slavery?

Then there was no point in any of it.

EvilGiygas
3 weeks ago#210
EvilGiygas posted...
Did you watch it or not?

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones
  • Topic Archived