• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones

User Info: kablamo

kablamo
1 month ago#191
Lockheart34 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk60P_dzgk8

^ So much hotter when the series first started.

The writing was never great, it was pretty clear if you binge watched any season.

A lot of talking with a shocking moment peppered in here and there.

It was a mistake going eight seasons, with the latter parts not even being written it seems.

It would have been better to make it four seasons, and had the entire thing scripted out, beginning to end great writing.

IMO
my name is kablamo. :o)

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
1 month ago#192
I don't mind ending, but it was poorly set. If many of those problems were developed, it would be much better.
It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

User Info: iPr0kkaFTW

iPr0kkaFTW
1 month ago#193
It was a terrible season, albeit I enjoyed the battle scenes in Episode 3 and 5. The special effects were top notch.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
1 month ago#194
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
1 month ago#195
EvilGiygas posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Breaking the wheel would mean recognizing that having a king or queen doesn't work (or at the very least is bad because it always leads to war and bloodshed) and dismantling that system in favor of a new one. Making someone else king (especially a robot with no humanity left like Bran) isn't breaking the wheel, it's replacing some of the spokes.

It's literally what they meant by breaking the wheel though... A new approach.

Breaking the wheel doesn't mean putting new people into the existing system. It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.
Less is more.

EvilGiygas
1 month ago#196
Nicodimus posted...
It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...

I rest my case. You said it yourself. Lol
"All games should be playable by all people without practicing or learning things" - skermac

User Info: kablamo

kablamo
1 month ago#197
Nicodimus posted...
It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

The "system" is having Jon or Dany be the ruler, since they are the rightful heirs.

Bran being the ruler is indeed "breaking the system" as he has no claim to the throne.
my name is kablamo. :o)

EvilGiygas
1 month ago#198
kablamo posted...
Nicodimus posted...
It means breaking the system and replacing it with a new, better one...which they didn't.

The "system" is having Jon or Dany be the ruler, since they are the rightful heirs.

Bran being the ruler is indeed "breaking the system" as he has no claim to the throne.

Exactly.

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
1 month ago#199
episodes 3-6 were trash. this show needed a few more seasons.
Reiji Arisu, Elma, Wonder Red, Steve, and Rex as DLC!

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#200
EvilGiygas posted...
kablamo posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Exactly.

Not only that, but he was elected into place, not taken over via war (ala Robert Baratheon). And because he cannot father children himself, there are no rightful heirs to succeed him. And they agreed that when the king passes, a new one will be elected by the lords and ladies, instead of inheriting it.

Essentially, they are breaking the traditional monarchy and replacing it with something similar to a parliament system... The major difference being the houses doing the electing aren't voted in by the common people.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Game of Thrones
  • Topic Archived