• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Feel like I'm totally burnt out with gaming. Looking for a rec to save it.

User Info: TEHPWNI5H3R

TEHPWNI5H3R
4 weeks ago#1
I got Red Dead 2. I just cannot get into it. It’s just can so boring. KH3 I just feel like I’m playing a little kids game. I don’t know if some of you are dealing with this. Maybe it’s just getting older. I recently played the s*** out of Witcher 3 that was awesome. But I can’t find anything to match that.

Maybe there are some great games out there I’m missing. I might try FFXV it looks terrible but I might give it a shot. Would love to hear guys.
True dat

User Info: levelshooter

levelshooter
4 weeks ago#2
Take a break away from gaming. Come back when you want to play something.
-Come on Rare release a good Banjo game, You know you want to :) Current systems: PS4, XB1, Switch and 3ds.

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
4 weeks ago#3
Time heals all wounds. Don't play anything for 2 weeks and it'll be fine.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
4 weeks ago#4
TEHPWNI5H3R posted...
I got Red Dead 2. I just cannot get into it. It’s just can so boring. KH3 I just feel like I’m playing a little kids game. I don’t know if some of you are dealing with this. Maybe it’s just getting older. I recently played the s*** out of Witcher 3 that was awesome. But I can’t find anything to match that.

Maybe there are some great games out there I’m missing. I might try FFXV it looks terrible but I might give it a shot. Would love to hear guys.

Sounds like you prefer games that are non linear and let you create your own story.

With that in mind I'd recommend Bloodborne or The Dark Souls series. As someone who was burnt out on gaming during the PS3 era and got introduced to Demon's Souls, it re-ignited my love for it and that was only spurred on by Dark Souls. It should go without saying that these series are very well known for their difficulty but in tandem they're also incredibly rewarding once you learn the ropes on how to defeat enemies. And the online community can be so damn helpful if you want to know where to begin.

If you're looking for something to lose yourself in, this is where I'd begin.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: Kybalion

Kybalion
4 weeks ago#5
This is happening to me more and more lately TC. That said, EDF5!
Bear down for midterms!!!

User Info: TheCuddlyKnife

TheCuddlyKnife
4 weeks ago#6
hmmm, looks like you need to stop playing boring games. sure rdr2 is considered by most to be great, but it can be a chore to some. maybe play something more short and the gameplay is more focused on a couple of elements instead of like thirty different systems that all have their own tutorial.
umopapisdnpuaq

User Info: BlakOut-

BlakOut-
4 weeks ago#7
I also recommend Bloodborne, it will reignite that spirit for sure

User Info: Cubivore_

Cubivore_
4 weeks ago#8
Just take a break

User Info: ColdBeaver

ColdBeaver
4 weeks ago#9
FFXV will be you senseless. Given your current relationship with gaming stay away.

User Info: vonVolik

vonVolik
4 weeks ago#10
levelshooter posted...
Take a break away from gaming. Come back when you want to play something.

Gradieus posted...
Time heals all wounds. Don't play anything for 2 weeks and it'll be fine.

This, best thing to do if your feeling burnt out. I would also suggest, if you are not doing so already, is to get outside, and get some exercise.
Growing up trolls lived under bridges, now they live in their Mom's basement.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Feel like I'm totally burnt out with gaming. Looking for a rec to save it.
  • Topic Archived