• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PC gaming has shown me how much robbery PS+ to game online is.

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#491
Triod posted...
Insaan posted...
Triod posted...
Insaan posted...
Triod posted...
Insaan posted...
You can do whatever you want, I’m talking about general consensus.
Also yes there are 100s of GOTY awards and when us people with s brain talk about GOTY we’re referring to the won that won most of them. As in God of War in 2018, BOTW in 2017, Uncharted 4 in 2016, etc.

Critic reviews aren't general consensus though. They are one of the smallest samples of people with a vested interest to skew scores. Add on to that publishers who blacklist or harass reviewers who give out low scores and the who thing is a giant joke.

Also nobody with a brain takes GOTY s*** seriously.

Half the GOTY awards are voted by players, you can do all the mental gymnastics you want, far is those games are indeed considered the best by the majority of gamers be they from the press side, average gamer side or the developer community itself. Your personal opinion is worthless. to everyone who isn't you.

What players? Overwhelming majority of players doesn't even know when that s*** is going on, nevermind get to vote on anything.

Overwhelming majority never vote in any kind of poll be it a political election or anything else. That doesn't void the polls it serves as a sample from which we can extrapolate to the the general public. As I said you can do all the mental gymnastics you want it won't change anything, you're just making yourself look like a bigger idiot with each post.

Funny how you bring up election polls considering that they completely off the mark in 2016 election. It's even worse in games since the samples are tiny and incredibly biased. If anyone is an idiot that would be a guy who thinks that that some random GOTY award garbage is some objective measure of a quality of the game.

I didn't say it's an objective measure of quality. I said it's a much better measure than your personal opinion.

User Info: Triod

Triod
4 weeks ago#492
Insaan posted...
Triod posted...
Insaan posted...
Triod posted...
Insaan posted...
Triod posted...
Insaan posted...
You can do whatever you want, I’m talking about general consensus.
Also yes there are 100s of GOTY awards and when us people with s brain talk about GOTY we’re referring to the won that won most of them. As in God of War in 2018, BOTW in 2017, Uncharted 4 in 2016, etc.

Critic reviews aren't general consensus though. They are one of the smallest samples of people with a vested interest to skew scores. Add on to that publishers who blacklist or harass reviewers who give out low scores and the who thing is a giant joke.

Also nobody with a brain takes GOTY s*** seriously.

Half the GOTY awards are voted by players, you can do all the mental gymnastics you want, far is those games are indeed considered the best by the majority of gamers be they from the press side, average gamer side or the developer community itself. Your personal opinion is worthless. to everyone who isn't you.

What players? Overwhelming majority of players doesn't even know when that s*** is going on, nevermind get to vote on anything.

Overwhelming majority never vote in any kind of poll be it a political election or anything else. That doesn't void the polls it serves as a sample from which we can extrapolate to the the general public. As I said you can do all the mental gymnastics you want it won't change anything, you're just making yourself look like a bigger idiot with each post.

Funny how you bring up election polls considering that they completely off the mark in 2016 election. It's even worse in games since the samples are tiny and incredibly biased. If anyone is an idiot that would be a guy who thinks that that some random GOTY award garbage is some objective measure of a quality of the game.

I didn't say it's an objective measure of quality. I said it's a much better measure than your personal opinion.

Everyone has their own taste and personal opinion, that's the best measure for that particular person. GOTYs most of the time are just an ad campaign for the latest uninspired AAA garbage.

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
4 weeks ago#493
burn420247 posted...
Crenlar posted...
Sony's game division did decent last gen but not great. They need the games division to carry the rest of the company.

well i'll be damned...sony's game division makes money and other s*** sony was doing wasnt....
it's almost like this has been said multiple times in this topic.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-real-reasons-for-sonys-11b-loss/

Crenlar posted...
And historically its a very risky business.

no risk, no reward
theyve produced multiple consoles prior to PS4, im sure they had a handle on the risk...and a very keen eye on the rewards.
seems to be working out better than you believe.

So risky it took MS 7 years to make a profit and the only reason they did was paid mp.

Sony lost last gen to MS. Cant beat them join them.

Why arent you guys on the pc board complaining about pc games being overpriced?
fair and balanced

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
4 weeks ago#494
Crenlar posted...
Why arent you guys on the pc board complaining about pc games being overpriced?

seems to me, you're the only person who thinks they are....
go make a topic on the PC board!
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#495
Triod posted...
Everyone has their own taste and personal opinion, that's the best measure for that particular person. GOTYs most of the time are just an ad campaign for the latest uninspired AAA garbage.

Nobody got time for you opinion.

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
4 weeks ago#496
PS+ has no value

/thread

burn420247
4 weeks ago#497
https://i.imgflip.com/1fhx3k.jpg

burn420247
4 weeks ago#498
https://pics.me.me/gaming-23-59-00-00-please-renew-your-00-01-playstation-plus-membership-11438357.png

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
4 weeks ago#499
oh hey, I was right
Just tell it to call you "Billy"...
https://i.imgtc.com/q17bfpM.gif

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
4 weeks ago#500
yep
Just tell it to call you "Billy"...
https://i.imgtc.com/q17bfpM.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PC gaming has shown me how much robbery PS+ to game online is.
  • Topic Archived