• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you believe Cyberpunk will be Cross-Gen or Next Gen (vote)

User Info: nanofazz97

nanofazz97
4 weeks ago#21
SamuraiSpirit77 posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
Cross gen, but in the sense of Last of Us where a remastered version will come out some time after the PS5 launches rather than a simultaneous release on PS4/PS5.

I still believe it's releasing in either late 2019 or early 2020.

This.

The current gen version will launch first. They will get a lot of people to bite twice.

I can see this being very likely, but I hope CD Projekt Red has the integrity to refrain from doing this.

There's going to be so many people wanting to play the best version of the game, and they'll wait at least another year to play the PS5 remastered copy.

I just think those kinds of sales tactics lack integrity.

They should just stick to the game being released on either this gen or next gen.

They didn't release the Witcher III on PS3. That was a big reason why I bought a PS4 at the time.

User Info: nanofazz97

nanofazz97
4 weeks ago#22
Jason_Hudson posted...

I still believe it's releasing in either late 2019 or early 2020.

It's inevitable that CD Projekt Red is going to give a release date for Cyberpunk at E3, and it's seems to be more likely that it could come out this holiday season.

They're currently in their crunch time in the development process.

User Info: Modifier

Modifier
4 weeks ago#23
nanofazz97 posted...
There's going to be so many people wanting to play the best version of the game

Those will play on PC, not ps5.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

User Info: _Flextacy_

_Flextacy_
4 weeks ago#24
I reckon it could launch this year or early next, and then they will make the main selling point of next gen version 60fps.. id happily bite twice for that
Huge Huge Rockstar... There are FOUR LIGHTS !!
Build a Harmony Gold Wall, Make Macross Great again

User Info: Canned Toast

Canned Toast
4 weeks ago#25
It's going to be very stripped down on PS4. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

User Info: OosontheLoose

OosontheLoose
4 weeks ago#26
OmegaN719 posted...
Also I have read reports that Sony will still be supporting the PS4 even into the PS5. They know that many of us do not want to drop down 499 or 599 on a new console. Others like to wait & let the console build up it's library of games & also become a better & more stable console with Firmware Updates.

I learned many many years ago. Never get consoles on Day 1 on release dates. I did this with a few consoles in the past. Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, SNES, PS1, PS2, & PS3, Wii & Wii U & lastly 3DS.

Look, I can post-up how I want, & I can type up how I want. They are no rules saying my TCs, have to be specified in a special way. or be in a certain way. Until they are, I will do things my way, & the way I want.

They said PS4 games will still be made. So I say some games even like Dragon Age 4 will also be another Cross-Gen & so will Elder Scrolls 6.

Though some games will likely be exclusive to Next-Gen consoles such as Bethesda's StarField & Grand Theft Auto 6 given the scope & size of these games.

But as long as we get Cyber & DA 4 that is fine with me. & another game likely will be Next-Gen is Mass Effect 5 which likely we will not see until 2022. Given that Bioware games take about 5 to 6 years to make.

Me, I say Cyber will be out in Early 2020. & will be revealed during the MS Press @ E3

By “support” they mean release a version that runs like s*** on last gen platforms, like MGSV on PS3.
NOW PLAYING: Valkyria Chronicles 4

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
4 weeks ago#27
I also think it releases this holiday

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 weeks ago#28
It won't release til after the ps5 is out anyway so it'll be extremely nerfed on ps4 like watchdogs was on ps3
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: OmegaN719

OmegaN719
4 weeks ago#29
reports I have read say that cyber will release this holiday. But also stated it will also be a PS5 launch title. But the PS5 may not even release likely till 2020 or 2021. Cyber on PS4 will be like Inquisition was as it was a Cross Gen title. Though specific DLC was exclusive for PS4 not PS3. I think Cyber will do similar. Specific deals will be on PS5 they will not be on PS4. Such as how, Trespasser was on PS4, it was not on the PS3.

User Info: Modifier

Modifier
4 weeks ago#30
BeefEaster posted...
It won't release til after the ps5 is out anyway so it'll be extremely nerfed on ps4 like watchdogs was on ps3

Why like Watchdogs and not MGSV? Because you want it to run like crap instead of running fine?
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you believe Cyberpunk will be Cross-Gen or Next Gen (vote)
  • Topic Archived