• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. $300 in 1995 is now worth $503 in 2019. So PS5 should be $500.

User Info: jdc6305

jdc6305
4 weeks ago#141
In 1995

gas was $0.99 a gallon

A double quarter ponder meal at mc donalds was $5

A pack of smokes was $1.75

Car insurance was $40 a month basic coverage

Gas is $3 a gallon

A double quarter ponder meal at mc donalds is $10

A pack of smokes is $7.50

Car insurance is $200 a month basic coverage

I made $8 an hour out of high school in 1995 and I lived like a king.

Now I spend $100 a week just on cigarettes and $100 on gas.

User Info: juker79

juker79
4 weeks ago#142
While a pack of smokes was only $1.95; a 1-GB hard drive would run you $800 in 1995. How does that factor into the equation here? $500 is simply a good price point as that is what people are expecting. Anything less, the masses will view it as a discount.
Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are!

User Info: TruthBomber21

TruthBomber21
4 weeks ago#143
jdc6305 posted...
In 1995

gas was $0.99 a gallon

Gas is $3 a gallon

Do you do a ton of driving and have a bad driving record?

User Info: jdc6305

jdc6305
4 weeks ago#144
TruthBomber21 posted...
jdc6305 posted...
In 1995

gas was $0.99 a gallon

Gas is $3 a gallon

Do you do a ton of driving and have a bad driving record?

I haven't had a ticket in 20 years

Yes I do a lot of driving to work

I'm in Michigan we have the highest insurance rates in the country. Our government has written the laws in the insurance companies favor. They make us pay for expensive coverage to cover medical expenses. Also if we get into an accident we have to sue our own insurance company. They also charge us by our credit rating. I don't have any credit. I cleared all my debts 10 years ago. I chose not to have credit cards and pay cash for all my finances. If I can't pay cash for it I don't need it. My insurance company rakes me over the coals because I have no credit.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
4 weeks ago#145
WhillB posted...
Where do you get that idea?

What games are you playing, that look like the Avengers movies? Most of those movies are CGI.

@WhillB
Call Of Duty WWII was fairly impressive to me. However I personally could care less about the pretty pretty shiny shiny. All I want is games that are fun to play and run right from day one. They could look like NES/SNES games and I'm good. Matter of fact the game I've played the MOST this gen behind Tetris Ultimate is Broforce. It looks like a 16 bit game (albeit on steroids in some spots) but it's FUN to play and runs right (at least 95-99% of the time). Give me that and I'm happy. It's only the videophiles and technophiles who keep pushing for fluff over substance.
What about loading times, and processing power/framerate?

Plenty of people would pay $500+ to get rid of loading screens. Especially after playing Anthem.

Loading screens don't bother me as long as there's informative stuff on them, as at least some devs put game tips and hints on them now. Frame rate is fine as long as it's not dipping into the single digits (see: Just Cause 3). Though in the case of that game that was likely due to the constantly updating leaderboards that didn't really need to be in the game.
Stop making up excuses just because you cannot afford, or simply don't want to spend the money on, a new system.

It's not like anything will change if you don't buy the PS5 for a few years. 95% of games will be on both the 4 and 5 for a long time.

Again though I prefer substance over fluff like life like visuals. Besides which, it seems like just when devs begin to get the hang of making games for a console gen and push the systems is when we get a new gen starting. I personally would like to see what they can do to max out the specs (without causing a total meltdown) on a current gen before going to the next.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
4 weeks ago#146
Relinquished posted...
Master Alien posted...
Relinquished posted...
B-but, different jobs and wages.

In 1995 people couldn’t become millionaires by recording themselves playing games.

The worst argument of the topic goes to... ^

Difficulty differentiating truisms with "arguments" is unhealthy.

What does your post have to do with the topic at hand?

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#147
ThrillKillFan posted...
We're at a plateau as to how 'pretty' games can look if you ask me. So what's the purpose of releasing a new machine now?

Nobody's asking you and we have been in desperate need of a new generation for years now.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
4 weeks ago#148
I expect the rate of inflation to make the PS5 $500. But that doesnt mean I have to like it.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
4 weeks ago#149
Master Alien posted...
Relinquished posted...
Master Alien posted...
Relinquished posted...

In 1995 people couldn’t become millionaires by recording themselves playing games.

These twitch folk really ought to count their blessings.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste, ok.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
4 weeks ago#150
Relinquished posted...
Master Alien posted...
Relinquished posted...
Master Alien posted...
Relinquished posted...

These twitch folk really ought to count their blessings.

Yeah, until they get audited. I guarantee most of them have no idea what a 1099 is.

These internet streaming moguls are the next big target (if not already).
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. $300 in 1995 is now worth $503 in 2019. So PS5 should be $500.
  • Topic Archived