• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which game should I buy?

User Info: parasiticleech

parasiticleech
4 weeks ago#1
I'm not finding anything new that is exciting me right now and am looking at older games that I missed. I would chosen sekiro but I don't like what I am hearing about it. I'm down to persona 5, Monster Hunter, Spiderman and Divinity 2. I like games that give loot (weapons, armor, whatever) and/or skill trees that drag me along through the game. I like a good challenge but the eventual satisfaction of becoming op. I'm not much for multiplayer. I love the Dark Souls series, rpgs, open world games (did not love Red Dead 2 though - too much horse riding). I certainly like a decent story but, to be frank, it does not matter that much to me. It's all about the combat and loot for me. Oh, and I like a game where a little research is beneficial- makes me feel like I am achieving something. Any help greatly appreciated.

User Info: levelshooter

levelshooter
4 weeks ago#2
Have you played the borderlands series?
-come on Rare release a good banjo game. You know you want to :) Current systems: PS4, XB1, Switch and 3ds.

parasiticleech
4 weeks ago#3
Yes, I played one and enjoyed it.

User Info: nobdy1

nobdy1
4 weeks ago#4
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a good choice. It has around a dozen skill schools, so lots of build combinations to play with. The game has a little too much loot, in my opinion.

User Info: SirBuckford

SirBuckford
4 weeks ago#5
I'd still say give Sekiro a shot, either now or get it on a sale.

Otherwise I would say Persona 5, BUT there may or may not be a re-release with extra content coming. We find out more about whatever P5 product Atlus has been teasing on April 24th, I think.
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves." -C.S. Lewis

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 weeks ago#6
I think you should not buy anything tc and work on your back log
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 weeks ago#7
If you haven’t played nier automa I highly suggest it
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

parasiticleech
4 weeks ago#8
I've still been searching. Any thoughts on diablo 3?

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
4 weeks ago#9
skermac posted...
If you haven’t played nier automa I highly suggest it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=netIFzgfFK0
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: EZ_711

EZ_711
4 weeks ago#10
Shadow of Mordor and its sequel, Shadow of War, matches most, if not all, your criteria. Have you played it yet?
Nioh is an alternative recommendation for something much harder in terms of combat. It just isn't open world.
Neebs Gaming - The therapeutic solution for the life of catastrophic fires you didn't put out
https://www.youtube.com/user/NeebsGaming/
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which game should I buy?
  • Topic Archived