• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. If PS5 was compatible with every playstation console game would you buy it day 1

User Info: rpglover1243

rpglover1243
1 month ago#1
And was priced at $699 would you do it?
Shenmue 3

User Info: doodles40

doodles40
1 month ago#2
I don't care about BC. I'll buy it day one to play new games.
Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves.

User Info: Evil_Spiega

Evil_Spiega
1 month ago#3
Not at that price, but I would want one eventually. If I can get it used or get one for $300 cheaper after a few years, I'll do it.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: arstos

arstos
1 month ago#4
No, because I still have all those systems. only thing getting me to buy one day one, is a killer exclusive that I absolutely need to play. Otherwise i'll wait for a few price drops and the library to build up like I usually do.
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7, PSN:Dragonlibrarian, Switch:6996-4479-5279

User Info: punisher1379

punisher1379
1 month ago#5
I grew up with and primarily still use Nintendo. BC is huge as it lets me play all the games I've missed out on over the years. PS5 with BC would be amazing.

Not at that price, but the BC would be very tempting. Until then, I'll stick with my Switch + Xbox One
Metroid Prime is the best game ever made.

User Info: AirRoar

AirRoar
1 month ago#6
Perhaps. And that's if Sony can guaranty that the early production models won't croak due to a hardware design flaw much like the PS3 did.
2019 Hype List: Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Bloodstained, Dragon Quest XI S, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

User Info: lightwarrior78

lightwarrior78
1 month ago#7
As much as I want BC and love old games, that's a high price point that would hit us Canadians for a cool grand.

It would have to land at a really good financial time.
http://backloggery.com/reddthesock

User Info: TheCuddlyKnife

TheCuddlyKnife
1 month ago#8
for 7 bills? f*** no. I love me some classic games, but I do still have all my old systems to play them on. I would love a single system that played all my sony games, but not for that price.
umopapisdnpuaq

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#9
From what I understand, the PS5 might be backward compatible with all generations for $499. That will be a huge selling point and might quell the lack of titles at launch.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
1 month ago#10
doodles40 posted...
I don't care about BC. I'll buy it day one to play new games.

it's not like there'll be many.

but for full bc, i might, yeah. there's a s*** ton of games i'd get again
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. If PS5 was compatible with every playstation console game would you buy it day 1
  • Topic Archived