• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you guys expect another handheld device from Sony next gen?

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
4 weeks ago#1
Seeing how they pretty much left the vita outback to slowly die, do you envision Sony coming back a 3rd time with another handheld device?
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: levelshooter

levelshooter
4 weeks ago#2
I don't expect one, but I can see Sony being arrogant enough to try and take Nintendo on in the handheld market. They'll fail again though
-come on Rare release a good banjo game. You know you want to :) Current systems: PS4, XB1, Switch and 3ds.

User Info: silver_wolf80

silver_wolf80
4 weeks ago#3
I don't expect another sony handheld...ever. After they dropped the Vita like a hot potato, they may try something like the switch but I don't expect them to make another handheld.

User Info: arnsekar

arnsekar
4 weeks ago#4
yes. however, i don't think it will be it's own system with it's own games. i think it will be an extension of the home console, aping nintendo switch. pretty much an optional, dedicated remote play device or tablet.
What do they call Fortnite in France? Battle Royale with Cheese.
YOU JUST REMEMBERED THAT YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME. YOU LOSE

User Info: flkid

flkid
4 weeks ago#5
levelshooter posted...
I don't expect one, but I can see Sony being arrogant enough to try and take Nintendo on in the handheld market. They'll fail again though
PSN: DarkVelstadt

User Info: NS-4701

NS-4701
4 weeks ago#6
No. I don't think they'll do one.
PSN: NS-4701 | NNID: NS-4701 SW-4146-9726-2116
AMD Threadripper 1900X | Radeon RX Vega 64 | 16GB 3200 MHz | Samsung 960 EVO Pro NVME

User Info: Roachmeat

Roachmeat
4 weeks ago#7
Doubtful. If Sony does get around to announcing one, I'll gladly buy (even if it becomes another indie machine). It doesn't look as if Valve is going to make a Steam portable anytime soon.

User Info: Dragonballfan12

Dragonballfan12
4 weeks ago#8
arnsekar posted...
yes. however, i don't think it will be it's own system with it's own games. i think it will be an extension of the home console, aping nintendo switch. pretty much an optional, dedicated remote play device or tablet.

I think they'll try to do the same that google is trying with their new system (forgot the name)

you have your ps5 in your home and you can stream your games to your celphone, notebook, etc... I know this already exists, I just think they'll try to expand on it
You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!

User Info: 52theraven

52theraven
4 weeks ago#9
It makes no sense for Sony to enter the handheld market. They own the home console market now. Microsoft is off competing with Google for the cloud streaming market that doesn't exist. Nintendo has a handheld that can be plugged into a TV. Sony can't support 2 consoles simultaneously so they might as well just push gaming forward with powerful home consoles and great exclusives that utilize the hardware.
http://psnprofiles.com/ravens52hof

User Info: KuzefromYakuza0

KuzefromYakuza0
4 weeks ago#10
Probably not unfortunately. I really liked the PSP. I wish that Sony did a bit better with the PS Vita. The handheld itself is great, but didn't get much first party support and the memory cards are really expensive.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you guys expect another handheld device from Sony next gen?
  • Topic Archived