• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you purchase remastered PS4 exclusives with RT on the PS5?

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#1
I don't know if any of you guys have had experience with ray tracing but it can give graphics a level of photorealism. I was just playing Metro Exodus with RT on and depending on the scene, I can make a huge difference.

Imagine games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne remastered for the PS5 all sporting RT.

Would you guys be inclined to get those remastered games for the PS5?
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#2
Yes. Can 1080ti do RT well? What's it look like in that game? I've only seen it on shiny cars in trailer demos.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#3
Terantatek posted...
Yes. Can 1080ti do RT well? What's it look like in that game? I've only seen it on shiny cars in trailer demos.

I'm playing in 1080p at ultra settings and for the most part, getting 40fps with RT on ultra.

I've noticed that indoor areas with windows etc that allow light in look really photorealistic. Not so much in outdoor areas. However I'm still in the beginning snow areas so I don't know how much better it looks in other areas of the game.

Also when light hits the characters and their clothes it makes the materials and skin look more realistic.

Once you experience it, you instantly understand this is the future. It just makes everything look more natural.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#4
Idk if you've beat exodus yet but yeah their will be many good locations with lighting and flames to where you will experience the RT I bet. Not so many windows later on though.

I'm sure the lighting is wonderful coming through clouds and hitting stone pavement. I bought on ps4 so I dont got RT.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
1 month ago#5
double dipper here

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
1 month ago#6
Still waiting on f***ing 1080p 60fps for some games.
This area is under construction until further notice.

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#7
Terantatek posted...
Idk if you've beat exodus yet but yeah their will be many good locations with lighting and flames to where you will experience the RT I bet. Not so many windows later on though.

I'm sure the lighting is wonderful coming through clouds and hitting stone pavement. I bought on ps4 so I dont got RT.

I have a PS4 Pro and after seeing RT in Exodus, I can't wait to see games like HZD and God of War remastered with RT.

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#8
knightimex posted...
Still waiting on f***ing 1080p 60fps for some games.

unless its a FPS, racer or fighting game, console devs with almost always aim for better graphics targeting 30fps.

Remastered PS4 games will most likely aim for 60fps.

I expect Bloodborne to be remastered to native 4K/60fps with HDR and RT on the PS5.

User Info: SoulTrain75

SoulTrain75
1 month ago#9
There's probably gonna be a bunch of remasters I'll buy again. Any ac, fc or rdr2 for sho.
Catch a rideeee!

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
1 month ago#10
Don't care for ray tracing.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you purchase remastered PS4 exclusives with RT on the PS5?
  • Topic Archived