You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Games you bought due to hype and popularity but you ended up not liking

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
3 days ago#1
Tales of Vesperia - the story pacing and characters didn't do it for me. I ended up getting Berseria as a result and while the gameplay is arguably worse, the story and characters make me want to see it through the end.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - the horse rides were so long that I play a quick Smash match on my Switch while riding in cinematic mode.

Witcher 3 - perhaps it will get better as I keep pushing through but the combat makes it hard for me to stay hooked
I don’t buy games based on the hype of others. I was disappointed with RDR2 but I bought that because I loved the first one and expected to love this one just as much.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
3 days ago#3
Outward ...words cannot describe my disgust and disappointment
..under construction..

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
3 days ago#4
Witcher 2

GTA games

Dark Souls

I'm sure there's more.
Now playing: PSO2, KH:BBS, LoZ: MM, Grandia, Kirby Epic Yarn, FF4 DS
Last games bear:FF7 CC, FFV Advance, Phantasy Star 2,M&L:SSS, Paper Mario

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 days ago#5
One Man's Lie
Failout 76

I've stopped buying any non-nintendo game on release day now.

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
3 days ago#6
TLOU Remaster
Sup?

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
3 days ago#7
Every Rockstar game. Idk why I keep buying them, never get past a couple hours before never going back to them.

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
3 days ago#8
AzaneAzer posted...
One Man's Lie
Failout 76

I've stopped buying any non-nintendo game on release day now.

Good policy. At least with Nintendo games you know what you’ll get: the same thing every time.

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
3 days ago#9
Just about all of Metal Gear Solid.
Playing: Final Fantasy X
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Every Final Fantasy after FFX
Kingdom Hearts series
FF6/Chrono Trigger

All garbage.
"Damn, this place looks so dead it reminds me of Dojima-san's wife." -Tohru Adachi
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Games you bought due to hype and popularity but you ended up not liking