• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Are you going to buy a ps5 or Xbox 2 on day 1?

User Info: briguy

briguy
4 weeks ago#21
TheBloodyNine posted...
Probably. I've gotten a huge amount of fun out of my PS4 and can afford to buy a PS5 so, why not.

Why not? Because Sony has changed dramatically since they put out the PS4. Censorship, no cross play, significant slowing of first party titles, months of silence, focus on VR, etc.

And just getting something without thinking about it "because you can afford it" is exactly how suckers are born, and a childish mentality when regarding purchases and investments.
( . Y . ) :) ( . Y . )

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 weeks ago#22
Doubtful, launch games are usually terrible, I’ll wait a year or so
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: Mecurisu

Mecurisu
4 weeks ago#23
PS5 > Xbox ( insert number here )
Games currently playing
Sekiro, Death end request, Warframe, DnD,

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 weeks ago#24
briguy posted...
TheBloodyNine posted...
Probably. I've gotten a huge amount of fun out of my PS4 and can afford to buy a PS5 so, why not.

Why not? Because Sony has changed dramatically since they put out the PS4. Censorship, no cross play, significant slowing of first party titles, months of silence, focus on VR, etc.

And just getting something without thinking about it "because you can afford it" is exactly how suckers are born, and a childish mentality when regarding purchases and investments.

Most of those things aren’t new, and we get as many 1st party releases as ever 3ish per year
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
4 weeks ago#25
From what I read I’m seriously considering switching to Sony. The ps5 just seems lightyears ahead of what Xbox May bring or is hinting at. Cloud gaming is cool but I was looking up last night ps now games vs Xbox gamepass and ps now just seems better. I’m sure Sony is going to have a cloud gaming thing also or one in the future Microsoft might get the jump on that and will see how well googles gaming does. But I think for future games and just enjoy playing at home which I mostly do Sony is the way to go.

My gaming is mostly cross platform so I’m ok with switch sure you take a loss because you start over. But if your into racing, fighting and FPS games Sony is fine.

I’m definitely not pre ordering anything new on Xbox or buying a new games till I hear more about the next Xbox hopefully soon. But I could see myself trading in Xbox one x by the end of the summer and getting a PS4 to start over on and future ps5. It just seems like a system that will last and I don’t know where this VR stuff is going but Sony might be doing it right. And I wonder how cool it is for games like project cars 2 and grand turismo if they have it. Or where it is going.

User Info: OutFromUndr

OutFromUndr
4 weeks ago#26
I will definitely preorder a PS5 once it's possible.

If I'm still unsure about it at that point, I'll decide if I want to cancel or keep it by the time it actually launches.

User Info: Strategia555

Strategia555
4 weeks ago#27
no, but i may pre-order one for the hell of it.
Space for Rent

User Info: juker79

juker79
4 weeks ago#28
I'll snatch up a PS5; no real need for an XBox.
Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Are you going to buy a ps5 or Xbox 2 on day 1?
  • Topic Archived