• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PlayStation ID change

User Info: EnvyAus

EnvyAus
1 month ago#1
There may already be a topic but I tried a few searches empty to answer any of these. Like many I am stuck with a very stupid name as I shared my PlayStation with people and we had a group ID naturally I would love to change it. Now that we can I had some concerns.

Changing you’re ID what does it do exactly to ps3 (games,saves, DLC) and what about VITA? All it simply says is does not support. Does this mean your old ID still shows or nothing works if you change your ID?

How does changing your ID effect same games like Bloodborne as it says found issues but didn’t say what. Any and all help to this would be appreciated!
"Auf einer Skala von eins bis zehn, wie fest tut es weh?"

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 month ago#2
With respect to all questions in the op, the name change maybe not be visible.

EnvyAus
1 month ago#3
OhGoodGrief posted...
With respect to all questions in the op, the name change maybe not be visible.

So really it’s just visibility that’s the issue for ps3/vita? Not game loss or anything ?

EnvyAus
1 month ago#4
Bump
(message deleted)

User Info: Wildcardwilly

Wildcardwilly
1 month ago#6
I want to change my name too. I'm worried that I'll lose some of my PS3 games they have taken off the psn servers. You know like Scott pilgrim and those konami arcade beat em games.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
1 month ago#7
Wildcardwilly posted...
I want to change my name too. I'm worried that I'll lose some of my PS3 games they have taken off the psn servers. You know like Scott pilgrim and those konami arcade beat em games.

why not keep your old name and just make up a new one allong side your old old one . i have a japanese psn name( really not) and a american one .one on a japanese ps3 60gb and the other on a american ps3 60gb . that are now both on my ps4 pro .i just switch between the names .no need to change my name and pay 10 dollars for another one .if i do not like the new one done under this thing

i also have both with ps+ stacked for 3 years at 40 dollars a year

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

EnvyAus
1 month ago#8
djwagon posted...
Wildcardwilly posted...

why not keep your old name and just make up a new one allong side your old old one . i have a japanese psn name( really not) and a american one .one on a japanese ps3 60gb and the other on a american ps3 60gb . that are now both on my ps4 pro .i just switch between the names .no need to change my name and pay 10 dollars for another one .if i do not like the new one done under this thing

I already have a Japanese account next to mine. The problem is my account used to be shared with friends over a decade ago and it’s a very very silly name in general. I always wanted to change it and now that I can I’ve invested many years into the account and my friend is no longer with me anymore...

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
1 month ago#9
EnvyAus posted...
djwagon posted...
Wildcardwilly posted...

I already have a Japanese account next to mine. The problem is my account used to be shared with friends over a decade ago and it’s a very very silly name in general. I always wanted to change it and now that I can I’ve invested many years into the account and my friend is no longer with me anymore...

no i am not attack your choose here far from it . but why not do the same thing i said and keep that old name in the back burner .but i understand why your doing it

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PlayStation ID change
  • Topic Archived