• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you buy the Playstation 5 at launch?

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
1 month ago#1
Would you buy the Playstation 5 at launch? - Results (274 votes)
Yes, I will buy it at launch.
33.58% (92 votes)
No
66.42% (182 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Will you buy the Playstation 5 at launch? As for myself, I have a huge backlog on pc/ps4 so I won't buy it at launch. Maybe a few years down the line for the pro model.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
1 month ago#2
supertecmobowl posted...
Will you buy the Playstation 5 at launch? As for myself, I have a huge backlog on pc/ps4 so I won't buy it at launch. Maybe a few years down the line for the pro model.

of course that version will have everything .just remember what the ps3 had at launch . then what they launched later to please the it cost to much crowd.then they gave us psnow to please those people

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: Round_Dice

Round_Dice
1 month ago#3
With the way Sony is currently acting? Absolutely not.
HONK HONK

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
1 month ago#4
djwagon posted...
supertecmobowl posted...

of course that version will have everything .just remember what the ps3 had at launch . then what they launched later to please the it cost to much crowd.then they gave us psnow to please those people

This generation, I bought the launch ps4 and the launch ps4 pro. I don't want to buy 2 consoles again in the same generation again.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: LiquidDee

LiquidDee
1 month ago#5
No because very few available games. It must have an insane launch lineup for me to consider it.

User Info: NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster
1 month ago#6
No, but because I never buy consoles at launch anymore. I usually will wait for the gaming library to beef up a bit or wait for the mid-generation "new and improved" version of the console.

User Info: skermac

skermac
1 month ago#7
I have never bought a console at launch and not starting any time soon, wait a year gor most of the bugs to be fixed
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: jorgeammo

jorgeammo
1 month ago#8
If its BC most likely.

If not, I'll wait a year while the library builds.

If digital only I'll wait two years for a $20 games library.

If streaming never.
https://psnprofiles.com/jorgeammo

User Info: duffloes

duffloes
1 month ago#9
I often say no in response to a question like this prior to the official announcement and pre-order starts. Then I get myself all excited for something new again and pull the trigger anyways. That said, I really don't think I'll get a PS5 at launch. I may be happy enough (and game little enough) to enjoy my PS4 and Switch long enough to wait for a second version of the PS5.
Everyone on GameFAQs should be nice to one another.

User Info: DarthCommodus

DarthCommodus
1 month ago#10
If it had backwards compatibility? Possibly. If it had some really good games at launch, most certainly. But for some weird reason, I never find myself taken by launch titles, they're often very samey. And I love platformers and fighting games, which are out of vogue at the moment, so I fear we'd probably just get another Tomb Raider, Uncharted or some Call of Duty game, and there'd be nothing I'd enjoy playing.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you buy the Playstation 5 at launch?
  • Topic Archived