• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The argument about inclusivity, female characters, and objectification.

User Info: Eli99999

Eli99999
3 weeks ago#1
I read often is how gamers always want more representation and female characters, while also complaining about the objectification of female characters, yet simultaneously saying they prefer female characters over male and always choose female when creating a character because they would rather stare at a hot female's ass than a guys ass while they play.

Doesn't make sense, so you complain about objectification yet you objectify them when you play as them?

Someone needs to explain this to me because it don't make sense.
Found a picture of you - https://i.imgur.com/4jj3ADM.jpg

User Info: DouglasQuade

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#2
It doesn't in that context so if what you said is the case, they're either stupid or just intentionally trying to get a rise out of people.

I have no problem with female characters. I just don't want a feminist or same sex relationship story that has nothing to do with the game thrown in my face.
Last Resort in Venusville is my spot!

User Info: Unit7

Unit7
3 weeks ago#3
Staring at ass part is just a guys attempt to justify why he chose a female character when given a chance. At least for the most part. probably. I mean who stares at their characters ass?

I don't think there is a huge overlap of people complaining about objectifying and staring at ass.

People who are more likely to stare at their characters ass, probably scoff at the whole objectifying complaint.

It's also possible it's more joking around about it.

Just my guess

User Info: RD_21

RD_21
3 weeks ago#4
Eli99999 posted...
I read often is how gamers always want more representation and female characters, while also complaining about the objectification of female characters, yet simultaneously saying they prefer female characters over male and always choose female when creating a character because they would rather stare at a hot female's ass than a guys ass while they play.

Doesn't make sense, so you complain about objectification yet you objectify them when you play as them?

Someone needs to explain this to me because it don't make sense.

The people complaining for representation and whining about female objectification do not represent gamers.

Also I never pick women because I always thought that the argument about staring at a female ass was dumb.

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
3 weeks ago#5
What has this board become? I miss console wars.
"Don't play this game again." "Come on, lo- how many toothpicks?"
"No, it just involves me cleaning up toothpicks."

User Info: bandit__74

bandit__74
3 weeks ago#6
And you're certain it's the same people saying bith things TC? Or did you just lump them together to suit your narrative, GameFaqs-style. Don't bother answering, I'm sure you're totally not trolling and were just posing a legitimate question...
Fav games by gen:
Yar's Revenge/Wonder Boy III:Dragon's Trap/Rings of Power/FF Tactics/Rogue Galaxy/Mass Effect 2/Hellblade(so far)

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
3 weeks ago#7
Unit7 posted...
Staring at ass part is just a guys attempt to justify why he chose a female character when given a chance. At least for the most part. probably. I mean who stares at their characters ass?

I guess you never played FF12.

InhumaneRaider posted...
What has this board become? I miss console wars.

Ah, a simpler time, before toxic ideologues came and infested an industry they don't even consume.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 weeks ago#8
bandit__74 posted...
And you're certain it's the same people saying bith things TC? Or did you just lump them together to suit your narrative, GameFaqs-style. Don't bother answering, I'm sure you're totally not trolling and were just posing a legitimate question...

This.
bloop

User Info: Cidastor

Cidastor
3 weeks ago#9
I say there are 2 sides to objectification.

While it's true some men only want power over a woman.

However I'd say a larger amount want it both ways.
They want women to objectify them too.

It's something I never see people mention.
And when it's like that I don't see the problem.
Lust isn't anyones to control but their own.
I'm not a true gamer. I like to think a lot. I own and play a LOT of games. But I'd rather not be some fanboy bent over taking turns for their corporate masters

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#10
Eli99999 posted...

Because gamers are not a hive mind, they're individual people with individual thoughts. Some want to have more objectification, some want less, some want to play as females and some never want a female protagonist and so on.

Your argument doesn't work and that's why it doesn't make sense.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The argument about inclusivity, female characters, and objectification.
  • Topic Archived