• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anyone else here refuse to buy most of their games at full MSRP/launch?

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
4 weeks ago#101
SmarterThanYou posted...
Do I need to post more? I can post more. Hell, I can post examples of the exact same thing happening across the entire gaming industry, instead of just PS4 games.

Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about and leave. Or don't. You've proven it without having to actually say it, so I don't care either way.

Except I do know what I am talking about according to you in post 97. This is just a simple case of confusion on your part. You are attempting to argue about industry wide supply and demands, etc. This is simply about ThillKill's whole shtick of *only* shopping at bargain bin prices and the pitfalls of doing so. I probably should have just ignored your repeated attempts to take off on a tangent, that one's on me.

User Info: ottselmaster

ottselmaster
4 weeks ago#102
Paying £50 for a beta is bulls***. Lets face it, devs dont make finished games anymore, if your lucky its a nearly finished game, if your unlucky its a broken mess pre alpha.
It wasent just killed, it was MURDERED!!

User Info: SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou
4 weeks ago#103
Master Alien posted...
SmarterThanYou posted...
Do I need to post more? I can post more. Hell, I can post examples of the exact same thing happening across the entire gaming industry, instead of just PS4 games.

Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about and leave. Or don't. You've proven it without having to actually say it, so I don't care either way.

Except I do know what I am talking about according to you in post 97. This is just a simple case of confusion on your part. You are attempting to argue about industry wide supply and demands, etc. This is simply about ThillKill's whole shtick of *only* shopping at bargain bin prices and the pitfalls of doing so. I probably should have just ignored your repeated attempts to take off on a tangent, that one's on me.

Ummm....no.

@ThrillKillFan said he takes advantage of clearance prices and sales and you called him a "leech on society". When I pointed out how it's not only *NOT* detrimental to wait for sales, but actually a standard part of a product's life cycle, you decided that you had to "educate" me...

Which I found hilarious, since you haven't actually been right about anything you've been saying and your own words have proven it.

I can understand trying to save face, but it's far too late for you. And as for saying "you know what you're talking about" in post 97, once again, you prove that you don't understand what's actually going on, but you're certainly going to act like you're the only one who does.

What I actually said was that your point in post 89 was completely accurate, but since all of your conclusions are based on that point only applying at the retail level, everything else you've been saying is still completely wrong.

User Info: TerraSeeker

TerraSeeker
4 weeks ago#104
Yeah, I don't see a point in paying $60 for something when there's a lot of good games I haven't played for less unless I wanted to create content about them for a youtube channel.
Never bring a tool to a sword fight

User Info: fireblade08

fireblade08
4 weeks ago#105
I mostly buy on launch and they’re doing a promotion. I also visit a site that tracks prices and I see when people have good games yet to play they’ll easily wait or buy second hand. When I buy a game at launch it’s often discounted and it’s a steal so I get it.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
4 weeks ago#106
Master Alien posted...
This is simply about ThillKill's whole shtick of *only* shopping at bargain bin prices and the pitfalls of doing so.

@Master_Alien

By the time I buy most games the publisher(s) and even the retailers have likely made their money on them by then. So me buying a game for $6-10 that was $60 8-9 months earlier really hurts only the retailer who has already paid the publisher for those copies.

Although in a way buying those games helps the retailers in that it clears shelf space so they can put NEW products in those spots.

So win-win....for me at least.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: PAL360

PAL360
4 weeks ago#107
The games are more than worth the money these days, but there are so many options and sales all the time, that i rarely feel the need to buy a game at launch anymore. I still do, once in a while, but i do buy most of my games on sales.
Dreams - 2d Jack v1.76
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhpJ3_l3L8

User Info: Lord_Ka1n

Lord_Ka1n
3 weeks ago#108
Alien, dude, just stop now. You look like a moron. Which you've apparently done before because I seem to have you blocked, lol.
November 8th, 2016: The day America stopped being great.

User Info: Omni009

Omni009
3 weeks ago#109
I have a curse. Whatever I get hyped into buying on day one I almost always end up hating, but something I pass on and buy on sale for like 20 bucks a year later is like "Why didn't I get this gem sooner?!"

User Info: SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou
3 weeks ago#110
Omni009 posted...
I have a curse. Whatever I get hyped into buying on day one I almost always end up hating, but something I pass on and buy on sale for like 20 bucks a year later is like "Why didn't I get this gem sooner?!"

That could just be a product of "relative value".

If you were to enjoy two games equally, a Day 1 purchase will have less relative value (because of the higher price tag and expectations) than a $20 bargain bin gem that flew under your radar. Basically, you'll have to enjoy a Day 1 purchase THREE TIMES as much as the bargain bin game just for it to have the same relative monetary value.

It's the same with expectations. The more "hype" you have for the Day 1 purchase, the more the game has to live up to. The bargain bin game can much more easily exceed your expectations, purely because the bar was set so low, due to your complete lack of "hype" beforehand.

It's not that the bargain bin game is "better", it's just that it holds more relative value than a Day 1 purchase because you get more out of it for what you pay. It's the same reason why there are some games that people will avoid at full price, but they'll happily buy it when it gets a deep discount on a PSN sale. They don't think the game has enough value until the price drops.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Anyone else here refuse to buy most of their games at full MSRP/launch?
  • Topic Archived