• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do trade in offers stack at GameStop

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
1 month ago#11
Krazy_Kirby posted...
^
i don't trade in games, and most of my games are digital on ps4. switch is mostly physical

I forgot you also get a 20% off pre-owned coupon around your birthday (that I believe stacks with the 10% pre-owned discount). So for the Switch games it wouldn't be a bad idea, since the Nintendo tax and all that.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: Fatal Lightning

Fatal Lightning
1 month ago#12
More than likely
PSN:fatallightning

User Info: cleat76

cleat76
1 month ago#13
Yea they try to deceive you, eg when they advertise 30% bonus trade credit for pro elite, or 20% for pro, meanwhile it already includes the 20/10% you get by default, so actually only 10% extra
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2014/zO9vqR.gif

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 month ago#14
They do stack but you need to be a member for certain deals.

The deals that don't stack tend to be the ones that discount a purchase. For example, if you have a B2G1 free coupon and there's a 4 for $20 on games that are $10 or more, you don't get both. It would only adjust the prices to give you the 4 for $20 because it's the better deal of the two in that instance.

Similarly, if you use coupons, it never works the way you want it to. Say you have Elite Pro and a $25 coupon that you want to use on a preowned game. Ideally, it would deduct the $6 from the membership and then the $25, making the game free. Instead, the flat dollar ammount comes off first. So instead of 20% off of $30, it's off of $5, meaning it costs $4+tax instead of nothing. I very much understand why it works this way, but I was a little annoyed the first time I went to use a lot of big coupons and this popped up.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: Mudhippie

Mudhippie
1 month ago#15
Also with a pro membership, you get points for each dollar spent. When you get enough points you can trade them for rewards. They have a ton of cool gaming paraphernalia you can pick from or in my case, I trade them in for up to $50 off a new game. They also have Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used games or gaming accessories coupons that you get which can save a ton of money if you don't mind buying used games.
RDR2, AC: Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2
PSN/Live:Mudhippie

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#16
Mudhippie posted...
if you don't mind buying used games.

this pretty much makes gamestop as a whole worthless for me. only used games i buy are for my older consoles like SNES/Genesis since boxed copies are obviously crazy expensive.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 month ago#17
yohabroha posted...
Mudhippie posted...

this pretty much makes gamestop as a whole worthless for me. only used games i buy are for my older consoles like SNES/Genesis since boxed copies are obviously crazy expensive.

A buddy of mine shops digital only and has a free membership there. He just buys currency cards as he normally would and gets points for it with his plan being if he ever wanted a collectible or collector's edition he could get some type of discount. Well when GameStop allowed coupons to be used on PSN cards, my buddy had 100k points and decided he was gonna use em to get RDR2 for free.

Unless you typically don't buy games at MSRP, at least having the free membership at GameStop makes sense. You potentially have to be accosted about upgrading, but if you're a regular at all they'll probably be less aggressive after time goes on. It costs nothing and unless it's hurting your returns in another rewards system, there's no harm in using it when you buy things from there anyways.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
1 month ago#18
yohabroha posted...
Mudhippie posted...

A couple of shops showed up on Etsy that makes pretty damm good box and manual replicas for older systems.
Really enjoying the ps4 library.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#19
Rjmhart posted...
yohabroha posted...
Mudhippie posted...

A couple of shops showed up on Etsy that makes pretty damm good box and manual replicas for older systems.

That's interesting, I'm still in the process of figuring out a good setup for all my old consoles so once I do I'd definitely be into getting boxes for them. Ziplocks are doing okay for now I suppose.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do trade in offers stack at GameStop
  • Topic Archived