• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Am i a bad parent? Fortnite related

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
4 weeks ago#1
So to begin i have 3 kids. 10,8 and 3
My Son of 8 8started to play fortnite in June.
We let him play on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Last year he had pretty good numbers in school.
So now since school started this his numbers are pretty bad. If hr says 5 words 4 are fortnite related. So yesterday he came home again with a bad testscore of 9 out of 25. And today he came home with a note in his agenda that he screams a few tmes a day FORTNITE! through the classroom. So as punishment i erased fortnite of the playstation and i re-download it back when he got good points again.
Or am i to harsh?
Sorry for my bad English

User Info: dueric

dueric
4 weeks ago#2
I will never tell someone what the right or wrong way is to raise their kids. You gotta put your own stamp on that one.

Aside from abuse obviously, if you think it's best, it's best.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
4 weeks ago#3
thierminator posted...
So to begin i have 3 kids. 10,8 and 3
My Son of 8 8started to play fortnite in June.
We let him play on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Last year he had pretty good numbers in school.
So now since school started this his numbers are pretty bad. If hr says 5 words 4 are fortnite related. So yesterday he came home again with a bad testscore of 9 out of 25. And today he came home with a note in his agenda that he screams a few tmes a day FORTNITE! through the classroom. So as punishment i erased fortnite of the playstation and i re-download it back when he got good points again.
Or am i to harsh?

No

You are a good parent

better than @metalslug would be
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

User Info: HappyGuy

HappyGuy
4 weeks ago#4
If games make the schoolwork suffer you take them away. Grades get better you give them the games back with strictly controlled times. They need to earn it though.
A Mod/Admin said on 4/2/2018 8:47:55 PM:
Please do not call other users a potato.

User Info: SonGaton

SonGaton
4 weeks ago#5
I hated it when my mum would take away my games but in hindsight she was kinda right. People, not just kids, won't change until their balls get squeezed hard. Kids don't care enough about grades.
Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am.
@MoistenedYouth did a drawing of me, too! https://imgur.com/a/8uL2A

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
4 weeks ago#6
Well, after reading the post I'd say your son is a lot like you. Make of that what you will.
PSN: Ana Kerie. DDDA Pawn: Zarianna PSN: spruft4you Pawn: Herman
PSN: Zarismom DDDA Pawn Nessie; PSN: vino_de_fresa Pawn: Jareth

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
4 weeks ago#7
Yes.

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
4 weeks ago#8
No, you're good but the only mistake you made was reinstalling it. better to educate the kid and teach him what a good game actually is.
Youtubers - 2018's equivalent of street beggers.. "oh click like", "oh subscribe", "oh give me money".

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
4 weeks ago#9
My boy plays ForkKnife every day. 3 hours per day.

Plz Gamefaqs. Judge me.

🤣
It takes a maniac to catch a maniac.

User Info: MusuoJoe

MusuoJoe
4 weeks ago#10
Not really the place to ask for parental advice imo..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Am i a bad parent? Fortnite related
  • Topic Archived