• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Does anybody else feel like PS+ is a scam?

User Info: shigfoogins

shigfoogins
2 months ago#1
I mean, it seemed fine when it was just a premium service back on PS3, but I believe Sony took it too far and crossed a line I don't think nearly enough people realize they crossed at the turn of the last generation.
Last gen, I assumed all you needed to play online was to pay for power, internet, an hd tv, a console, a controller if it didn't come with one, and a multiplayer game. Oh, and a friend willing to do all the same things. Now all of a sudden I have to pay something on top of ALL of those, and I have to do it monthly, forever, or I just won't be able to access the multiplayer content on ANY disk for ANY PS4 game that I buy? Why? What exactly am I paying for as a guy who couldn't care less about the exclusive deals and free games that aren't free that come tacked onto my PS4 online pass?
Because I've caved before and bought PS+ just so I could play with my damn friends again like I could not long ago, and it was just as easy to run into lag, lag switching, glitches, disconnections, and hackers across the numerous different PS4 games I tried, as it was playing anything online on PS3. It might be even worse now because so many devs seem to focus on cracking down on "toxicity" these days over anything that actually tangibly affects the balance of their games, but whatever.
I digress, I just can't come to any other conclusion for why I only now, in this generation, have to pay even more than I already have, just so I can f*** around in a game with my friends, other than that Sony felt greedy, saw what Microsoft got away with doing for a whole generation, and lazily yet greedily copied them and called it a day. #fortheplayers

User Info: digUbetterdead

digUbetterdead
2 months ago#2
tl;dr
PSN: LoveLikeJazz
https://soundcloud.com/lovelikejazz

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#3
Stop beating a dead f***ing horse. I'm not going to read your garbage and I'm sure most others won't either.
Forza Horizon 4 my dudes.

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
2 months ago#4
Nope, a scam would mean they are tricking you into buying it. There is no trickery here, they are upfront with what PS+ gets you and that you have to have it to play online for most games.

If you don't like it play online games on a PC otherwise you have to deal with it. There is no way in hell all gamers would band together and just not pay for online across Playstation, Nintendo or Xbox. People want to play online so they pay, nothing will change that and all 3 console makers are doing it so this is now standard.

You don't have to like it but its not a scam.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic

User Info: NaturalCalamity

NaturalCalamity
2 months ago#5
shigfoogins posted...
What exactly am I paying for as a guy who couldn't care less about the exclusive deals and free games that aren't free that come tacked onto my PS4 online pass?

You're paying for the ability to play Playstation games online. What's so hard to understand?
http://i.imgur.com/GEimQ3u.png http://i.imgur.com/B24nD7L.png
acne on your face, acne on my shirt bro.

User Info: Daholic

Daholic
2 months ago#6
EvilGiygas posted...
Stop beating a dead f***ing horse. I'm not going to read your garbage and I'm sure most others won't either.

Yea I'm not reading that crap.

But I will say this

Does anyone else......
I wish i could telepathically tell you how stupid you are without posting in your topic to tell you!

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
2 months ago#7
I miss 2013.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: shigfoogins

shigfoogins
2 months ago#8
digUbetterdead posted...
tl;dr

EvilGiygas posted...

If you feel those ways, why even reply? I looked and didn't see much discussion about how ps+ changed everything. Only people wondering what fake free games they can get next month.

User Info: jorgeammo

jorgeammo
2 months ago#9
Wall of text I'm not reading.

PS+ has paid for itself with monthly games and PSN store discounts.

Even if I only get 3-4 games a year I know I will actually play I'm happy.
https://psnprofiles.com/jorgeammo

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
2 months ago#10
No it’s not a scam, I simply don’t buy it cause I hardly played online when I did. That and I’m fine with not getting the free games, most of them I didn’t play anyway.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Does anybody else feel like PS+ is a scam?
  • Topic Archived