What are some games that are too easy on the default/normal difficulty?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What are some games that are too easy on the default/normal difficulty?

User Info: bmouse6

bmouse6
1 month ago#11
Witcher 3 - IMHO, the definitive way to play this is on Death March, which is the hardest setting. The beginning of the game is always tough, but as soon as you acquire some decent gear, any difficulty setting less than Death March becomes way too easy.

Deus Ex - if you play as a ghost/stealth hacker without engaging the enemy head on, the difficulty you play on doesn't matter, so even the hardest setting will play the same as the easiest.
PSN: bmouse
The thrown rose is only significant in it's insignificance.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
1 month ago#12
Too hard on normal: Ninja gaiden sigma. Hardest normal mode I've ever played
Too easy on normal: Ninja gaiden sigma 2. Basically impossible to die
Proud Anti-Social Injustice Barbarian.
Youtube - Darcnesstrophies Recent Vid - Orphan of Kos Solo NG+3 Kill

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
1 month ago#13
Shotgunnova posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

djmetal777 posted...
Bonus question: what are some that are TOO HARD on normal/default difficulty?
XCOM2 😏

Nah, xcom 2 on commander is perfect! On legend ironman its rough, specially when the game crashes and deletes your save πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#14
Skyrim
Alien Isolation
Titanfall 2
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
1 month ago#15
DmC was too easy on Normal. I assume. I played it Hard and then the one above that and it was too easy. Normal is usually enough for me in DMC games.
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
1 month ago#16
digitalwill2000 posted...
God of War.

Im about halfway through this game and the co bat difficulty is ATROCIOUSLY implemented. Encounters will always be too easy or too hard. If an enemy is stronger than you then it is completely resistant to you meaning theres no strategy for you to implement, and if they are a lower level to you then they die so quickly that theres no point to not mashing L1.

For example, you can freeze an enemy in place using a heavy throw. These makes you lose your weapon but will temporarily put an enemy out of commission. This is SUPPOSE to be a strategic tradeoff...that isnt implemented with any hint of intelligence!
Because you NEVER take advantage of this gameplay element because the enemy will either be completely resistant to freezing, or die so quickly that freezing them is pointless. Its insane how awful the gameplay was implemented.

The worst thing a β€˜hard’ difficulty does is simply turn the enemies into tanks. Because all that does it make you do kiting tactics, the sign of failures.
A head shot should ALWAYS be a headshot.

You can shatter frozen enemies, and kick them into walls... dont blame the game because you dont understand the mechanics.

On topic: most games are too easy on easy or normal. Hardest difficulty tends to be the sweet spot for me. But... very few games do hard mode right. XCOM 1/2 WoTC come to mind though.

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
1 month ago#17
djmetal777 posted...
Bonus question: what are some that are TOO HARD on normal/default difficulty?

wolfenstein 2 difficulty is just stupid, uber difficulty was just f***ing perfect in TOB & TNObut TNC difficulty levels were f***ing wack, anything above normal you had to cheese to survive
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: SepulturaGamer

SepulturaGamer
1 month ago#18
Witcher 3, even on Death March it's not much.
Did Dr. Kleiner just tell us to get busy? - Alyx Vance
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What are some games that are too easy on the default/normal difficulty?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived