• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. LGBT representation is not the problem...

User Info: Wakizashi_513

Wakizashi_513
5 months ago#11
Bill and Ellie?

User Info: dueric

dueric
5 months ago#12
Sooonic posted...
dueric posted...
Sooonic posted...
dueric posted...
At this point, accepting LGBT occurrences in games should just be normal. Not SJW.

In fact, I feel like "SJW" is pretty much a term only haters use anymore just so their brains can cope with and deflect reality.

It's never going to be normal, or maybe in centuries it will? Problem with LGBT is that there are religions, groups, policies and whole countries against them. It's been like this for thousands of years.

It's already normal to normal people.

Also, not for nuthin', but you need to pay better attention in history class.

It's not normal for normal people, just because you are living in the us in atheist regions doesn't mean it's normal for all normal people.
As for history, homosexuality has never been accepted in general, only in some certain communities,

This is an American site and I live in a region that is exactly the opposite of atheist. In fact, I went to a private Catholic high school.

And as far as accepting something? Who cares? That's the same as a person covering their eyes and pretending something isn't there.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: MooreCoffee

MooreCoffee
5 months ago#13
I didn't like the character cast in Dragon Age: Inquisition for that reason.

Most of characters (besides Varric I think?) have nothing to offer to the story or lore of DA:I, the talking points you bring up with those characters, are really just catalysts for flirty dialogue and eventually sex cutscenes, and it's just a waste of time even talking to them.

And, the approval/disapproval "affection" system in DA:I was equally worthless, the development time would have been better spent improving the gameplay and specializations, or trying to tie in the characters to the story events in more meaningful ways, like with Morrigan.

But, even Morrigan had almost no personality, it really just boiled down to "Hey, it's me! I'm an atheist, let's get this done! Did I mention that I'm an atheist? Because I am."

The Witcher 3 did it a lot better, the characters have important roles to play in the events of the stories you're experiencing, and the characters are more unique and personified. It doesn't give the vibe that it's just a romance simulator or that the story wouldn't be different if the characters had never existed.
PSN Ranger_Shuffle

User Info: BlackAdam

BlackAdam
5 months ago#14
LGBT representation IS the problem. It isn't about including homosexual characters in a natural way, the LGBT treats them like check boxes.

You can have perfectly acceptable homosexual characters created without the LGBT being involved. You can easily know when they were or were not involved as the amount of publicity surrounding it will either be existent or not.
The Official Black Adam of Injustice 2.

User Info: ArsenicSteel

ArsenicSteel
5 months ago#15
Sooonic posted...
dueric posted...
At this point, accepting LGBT occurrences in games should just be normal. Not SJW.

In fact, I feel like "SJW" is pretty much a term only haters use anymore just so their brains can cope with and deflect reality.

It's never going to be normal, or maybe in centuries it will? Problem with LGBT is that there are religions, groups, policies and whole countries against them. It's been like this for thousands of years.

What you do and say on this website is probably against the law in one of those countries you're citing.
You probably shouldn't use countries you're not a citizen of as examples of normalcy.
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI

User Info: BrownGotti

BrownGotti
5 months ago#16
To everyone who has a problem with TLOU2, there are so many different games you can play. If you don't want to play a game with a love story, there are so many options.

Tetris is one for example.

Although, you may not like how some of those blocks fit.

User Info: the_old_days

the_old_days
5 months ago#17
Sooonic posted...
dueric posted...
Sooonic posted...
dueric posted...

It's already normal to normal people.

Also, not for nuthin', but you need to pay better attention in history class.

It's not normal for normal people, just because you are living in the us in atheist regions doesn't mean it's normal for all normal people.
As for history, homosexuality has never been accepted in general, only in some certain communities,

Name a pre-Abrahamic civilization (i.e., pre Islamic, Christian, or Judaic), for which you know this is a fact. Oh, I know there are undoubtedly some, but I want to hear which ones you are referring to specifically.
ya'll being divided and conquered

User Info: OmigawdMatt

OmigawdMatt
5 months ago#18
This is a very friendly topic. I like.
PSN: OmigawdMatt
(message deleted)

User Info: TheLazyClown

TheLazyClown
5 months ago#20
MooreCoffee posted...
I didn't like the character cast in Dragon Age: Inquisition for that reason.

Most of characters (besides Varric I think?) have nothing to offer to the story or lore of DA:I, the talking points you bring up with those characters, are really just catalysts for flirty dialogue and eventually sex cutscenes, and it's just a waste of time even talking to them.

And, the approval/disapproval "affection" system in DA:I was equally worthless, the development time would have been better spent improving the gameplay and specializations, or trying to tie in the characters to the story events in more meaningful ways, like with Morrigan.

But, even Morrigan had almost no personality, it really just boiled down to "Hey, it's me! I'm an atheist, let's get this done! Did I mention that I'm an atheist? Because I am."

The Witcher 3 did it a lot better, the characters have important roles to play in the events of the stories you're experiencing, and the characters are more unique and personified. It doesn't give the vibe that it's just a romance simulator or that the story wouldn't be different if the characters had never existed.

Witcher 3 is either or as they romance is mostly by choice
Not changing this sig until Sword Art Online 3 is released.
Proud supporter of President Donald J. Trump.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. LGBT representation is not the problem...
  • Topic Archived