Spidermans action will come to a crawl alot just to focus on Peter Parker's life

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Spidermans action will come to a crawl alot just to focus on Peter Parker's life

User Info: Nok_Su_Kow

Nok_Su_Kow
4 months ago#331
Skyfiredraconus posted...
So we're going to whiplash from swinging around the city like a mix of assassin's creed syndicate and prototype while battling bad guys with a variety of web moves... doing missions, saving people, etc.

to...

walking around as parker, talking to his aunt and friends and probably taking pictures for the bugle?

I'm all for story but that sounds friggen boring..

When you make it sound like that, yeah f*** this game. But we're also missing transitional context between the sequences and length of this particular sequence as well as how it differentiates from other Parker sections. But yeah, if EVERY sequence is just this abrupt switch to a light hearted, humorous walking sim, then f*** this game.

Though I kinda doubt that since their goal is to make both Spider-man and Parker sections interesting to play. It's easy to make these early assumptions because of how little we do know about it, so I understand that. It'll be at E3, which might mean they have something new to share at least.

Nok_Su_Kow
4 months ago#332
Gatchan2 posted...

tbf, isnt scenarios like this happen when you read Spider-Man comics? I mean, the comics isnt just about Spidey fighting all the time is it? So with that, arent the devs trying to capture what people usually read about in the comics?

Exactly, everything I've been seeing so far is pretty much what I've always wanted from a Spider-man game, but I do understand the knee-jerk reactions and totally get how such sequences could become problematic without play testing them thoroughly and listening to feedback/criticism (which is hopefully what a studio as high profiled as Insomniac would be doing).

User Info: BrownGotti

BrownGotti
4 months ago#333
You guys know that this is an open world Spiderman game right? It sounds like we're getting Spiderman GTA, and somehow this is a bad thing?

Nok_Su_Kow
4 months ago#334
BrownGotti posted...
You guys know that this is an open world Spiderman game right? It sounds like we're getting Spiderman GTA, and somehow this is a bad thing?

It's only open world when you are spider-man, not Peter Parker and afaik, not Mary Jane. That's where people are losing it on, but again, we've only seen so little to go on.

I do know that after the main story is done, you have free reign to swing through the city and manipulate things like time of day, perhaps weather conditions.

User Info: RinmaRinma

RinmaRinma
4 months ago#335
Mountainface posted...
What is the matter with you people. That sounds amazing... when did gamers become so simple?

User Info: BrownGotti

BrownGotti
4 months ago#336
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
BrownGotti posted...

It's only open world when you are spider-man, not Peter Parker and afaik, not Mary Jane. That's where people are losing it on, but again, we've only seen so little to go on.

I do know that after the main story is done, you have free reign to swing through the city and manipulate things like time of day, perhaps weather conditions.

I didn't know that and I'm not bothered by it either.

User Info: WhiteWolf338

WhiteWolf338
4 months ago#337
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
Gatchan2 posted...

tbf, isnt scenarios like this happen when you read Spider-Man comics? I mean, the comics isnt just about Spidey fighting all the time is it? So with that, arent the devs trying to capture what people usually read about in the comics?

Exactly, everything I've been seeing so far is pretty much what I've always wanted from a Spider-man game, but I do understand the knee-jerk reactions and totally get how such sequences could become problematic without play testing them thoroughly and listening to feedback/criticism (which is hopefully what a studio as high profiled as Insomniac would be doing).

Youve always wanted a game where you plan a surprise party for Aunt May? Riding around the city as Peter on his bike? People have always been wanting to play as MJ?
My sig sucks

Nok_Su_Kow
4 months ago#338
WhiteWolf338 posted...
Youve always wanted a game where you plan a surprise party for Aunt May? Riding around the city as Peter on his bike? People have always been wanting to play as MJ?

You aren't planning surprise parties for the majority of the game, be sensible here. And where is this Peter riding his bike gameplay clip? Would be interested to see it. But yeah, I've kinda wanted a more civilian perspective of seeing Spider-man in action and how that is handled, so giving MJ a more prominent character role I am definitely for.

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
4 months ago#339
BrownGotti posted...
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
BrownGotti posted...

I didn't know that and I'm not bothered by it either.

@Nok_Su_Kow
didnt Amazing Spider-Man 2 game kinda do this?
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

User Info: ZeeDogge

ZeeDogge
4 months ago#340
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
WhiteWolf338 posted...

You aren't planning surprise parties for the majority of the game, be sensible here. And where is this Peter riding his bike gameplay clip? Would be interested to see it. But yeah, I've kinda wanted a more civilian perspective of seeing Spider-man in action and how that is handled, so giving MJ a more prominent character role I am definitely for.

You will have to play through that party every single time you play, groaning at the inconvenience and looking at your phone
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Spidermans action will come to a crawl alot just to focus on Peter Parker's life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived