Would you quit your job to be a pro gamer/streamer?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you quit your job to be a pro gamer/streamer?
I loathe streaming, it's such a s***ty excuse for entertainment.
And I don't think I'd enjoy my job or be any good at it when I think all my customers are f***ing morons.

I don't like any games that are popularly played at a professional level either. I could very well have made the only tournament this one game I did like had, except you had to be 18 to participate and I wasn't at the time.
bloop

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
5 days ago#62
Nope,

I absolutely hate the crowd that follows people playing games and I wouldn’t want to rely on their McJobs to pay my wage.

EDIT:

The_Undying_84 posted...
And I don't think I'd enjoy my job or be any good at it when I think all my customers are f***ing morons.

I don't like any games that are popularly played at a professional level either.

Pretty much this as well.
(edited 5 days ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
5 days ago#64
I wouldn't quit my job no, i love my job. It's not to hard, make good money and get good a great bonus plus shares and it's guaranteed.
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. The fool
$500 - $400 = $200 - Quincy2000a

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
5 days ago#65
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Nope,

I absolutely hate the crowd that follows people playing games and I wouldn’t want to rely on their McJobs to pay my wage.

EDIT:

The_Undying_84 posted...

I don't like any games that are popularly played at a professional level either.

Pretty much this as well.
and this
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. The fool
$500 - $400 = $200 - Quincy2000a

User Info: Mod

Mod
5 days ago#66
No, I would not want my hobby to be my job.

User Info: LittleYami

LittleYami
5 days ago#67
No. It looks stressful and a pain in the ass. I already have gray hairs on my head and I'm only 31. I'm currently back in school to earn my HS diploma. Entertaining and trying to maintain a following is going to add more. Plus, I'm not a pro or a rager.
(edited 5 days ago)
If i had the skills to do so i would. I would also an interesting personality which i don't have
just your typical butthurt basement dweller
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
5 days ago#69
Am already a pro gamer but I just don't stream. Am busy being a student all the while.
PS4 Pro / X1X Scorpio / Switch / Gaming PC - 1080Ti x2 SLI / All other consoles & handhelds ever released

User Info: Dragoonkain81

Dragoonkain81
3 days ago#70
SquareJRPGKing posted...
If someone came to me willing to pay me to play games? Sure

but if I had to quit my job to try to make it viable? no way

I concur
PSN: Dragoonkain81, NINID: Dragoonkain81
Currently playing: Wolfenstein (PS3), Persona 5 (PS4), Pokemon Moon (3DS), Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you quit your job to be a pro gamer/streamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.